Monday, April 4, 2011

4 Full weeks sugar free:)

Today is week 4 of my BFC. I am down 9.6 lbs and I have about 20 lbs to go. This is so great! I do have some challenges this week. I have my first Bunko since starting and we have tons of food there. My favorite things have always been the cookies, cakes, etc. I guess it will be a "real" world challenge tomorrow. I will do my best to make good choices. I'm almost afraid that if I have one thing, I will go sugar crazy!!!
Today is a real bittersweet day. As I was lamenting before, it is my twins 23rd birthday today and neither of them are home. I am glad that they have found their wings and have flown the coop, but the empty nest is hard to take at times.
On to food news....I tried the Zevia cola today. I can't quite say that I like it, I'm not even sure that I will get used to it, but it was soda! It has a weird smell and after taste? Kind of like clove or something? Is there another flavor that tastes more like a regular diet soda?
My new favorite sandwich is to grill my sandwich thins with either ham or turkey inside. The crunch of the bread is so yummy. I eat a lot of hamburger dills for crunch too.
For dinner I am having chicken and gravy over green beans. I am trying to get some fiber and veggies in. The gravy makes everything tolerable!
It's nap time, I want to close my mind down!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! On the 9.6 lbs. those last 20 shouldn't be too hard to get off, I know you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    You are doing great !!! Take along some favorite snack that you can munch on guilt free. I always pack some almonds and have a chocolate bar in my bag, just in case. As for the diet soda cravings. I found SweetLeaf liquid stevia in rootbeer flavor and i add it seltzer or club soda for a soda fix. I didn't care for the Zevia either and it is pricey. Good luck at Bunco :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Kay, I know you will do fine at your bunko game. It is hard and it will take a lot of willpower, but you have come so far. Just pick 1 thing and take 2 bites and the walk away. that way you will get to taste it and feel a little normal.
    I like the Dr Zevia, its supposed to taste like Dr pepper. Even hubby likes that one.
    Have fun tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete