Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We had snow again!!!

Ugh!!! This weather is making me crazy! Today was a fun day despite the slush that covered the roads. I got to visit with my friend that I met the first day of 6th grade, her son is getting married this weekend so they are in town. She is the only one of my school friends that moved away from home. She lives in Missouri and if you have been watching the news, she's hoping her house is still standing! Then I met my daughter and grandson at Target and shopped for awhile, then out to dinner. I am so PROUD of myself!!!! I got my usual french dip sandwich, but I took all the meat and put it on 1/2 the roll, then I ate 1/2 the 1/2 and took the bottom 1/4 that was left off. So I ate 3/4 of 1/2 my roll. It is my favorite roll too. French roll and grilled with butter. Yummy! My grandson who is 18 months old, just ate potato chips dipped my my au jus He is such a cutey!
Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, 3 bacon, sandwich thin.
Lunch: 2 burger patties (I was hungry and I had driven past my favorite chinese food at Safeway) chili with an SC value 5/2
Dinner: 1/2 French dip and about 4 potato chips.
Dessert: Berries and cool whip....I didn't like redi whip because it doesn't have as much depth. I rarely eat 15 sugars so I factor the sugar in.
I was so proud of myself for not getting lunch out and saving 10.00 and then my daughter announced I was buying her dinner, which was 16.00.  Life:)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the snow - It was 80 here today. I grew up in Michigan and I really appreciate the great weather.
    That's kids for ya huh?
    have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete