Today was date day. We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and I ate too much. I did eat 1/2 of what I would usually eat though, so that is progress. HUGE progress. We went grocery shopping afterwards and I came upon my first "OMG I WANT that!" I LOVE mountain bars....love them, have eaten them all of my life....there they were, 3 for 1.00....I did not buy one! I have now been sugar free for just under a month!
My husband mentioned that the butt of my pants were saggy and offered to buy me a pair of jeans. I don't want to go there yet, I am afraid I would just get comfortable like I always do. I found my WW information today. My daughter and I had gone last August. I officially weigh less than I did when I quit going. Woot!
I really feel like doing this plan is something that I can easily do for the rest of my life. I remember when I was counseling women at my gym about which diet works etc. what Dr. Oz had said. In his book One, he had a list of diets and you were supposed to guess which one was best. The right answer was "the one you can live with the rest of your life". I truly think I can live with this one for the rest of my life.
I did not reach my goal of working out 5 days last week. I guess I am just not ready to commit the time yet. I think it is the weather. It is so dreary and gray. I know that isn't an excuse. I am going to have to buy a cattle prod to put under my chair. My husband reminded me today that we did buy the Zumba DVD's and there was no reason that I couldn't do those at home. True words:) There is even a 20 minute one...I mean 20 minutes....Kay....get it together!!!
Anyone just watch Huckabee? He had on the little surfer gal that lost her arm when she was 14. They are doing a movie about her life called "Soul Surfer". Then they had on Andie McDowell that is in a movie about a 15 year old boy that died in a car accident. It is a true story called "The 4th quarter". His older brother played football and to honor his brother everyone would hold up 5 fingers in the 4th quarter of their football games. The parents were on too. They donated his organs because he was brain dead. It was so touching. What amazing people, to make good after a terrible tragedy. Faith is an amazing thing:)
Blessings, Kay
Whoo hoo Kay you are doing awesome. I bet you felt so good when hubby told you that your jeans are getting big. It's ok about eating too much at dinner, going out is hard for most of us. I agree with you I believe that I can do the bfc for the long haul. Keep up the good work you are doing awesome :)
ReplyDelete