I was happy when I stepped on the scale this morning! As I get closer to the goal, I realize the real difficult thing will be to maintain the weight. Of all the gals that lost significant amounts of weight at my gym, most of them started gaining shortly after they met their goal. I am hoping, since this is a "cure", I will be cured of sugar forever. I know there will be times when I will eat the wrong things and totally blow what I have accomplished, but I won't remember this journey as negative or harsh. I still eat the things that I love (within the BFC) and I don't feel deprived. I really think I could just jump back in without feeling like I was going to have to deprive myself again. The journey has been a good and positive one. I really think that women like Rosie and Amber that keep committed to the lifestyle through blogging and helping others, will be totally successful. Having to be an example to all of us probably helps them to say no to the Belly Bad things. I haven't been doing this for even 4 months yet and I have seen so many people drop off the blogs. I hope it is because they are where they want to be and don't need to put their successes and thoughts down on a blog. I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's blogs.
I am enjoying the last days of quiet for many months in my home. My daughter and grandson move in this weekend, my Navy daughter will be home for 2 weeks on the 6th and my twin son will be home on the 14th. My Navy daughter is deploying for at least 9 months so it will be quite some time before we are all together again. I can't imagine that and I don't like to think about it. I just pray that I take the time every day to enjoy the chaos and mess. If I start complaining, slap me upside the head:)
My husband has still not heard about whether he will get to go on his companies disability. He is really hurting, but just keeps working away. I believe that he needs to speak up, but he isn't ready to do that yet. They had a huge "wave" of things that had to be done by tomorrow and he pretty much got it all done. I am very proud of him for being such a trooper. Since the houseful of people are his "step" kids, it may be better that he keeps working and out of the house for the 2 weeks that my daughter is here. My husband is very low key, very proper...myself and my kids are loud, obnoxious, and not proper all the time. When I was single and broke, we had to find cheap ways to entertain ourselves! He does not complain at all about everyone being here, it is just me knowing that he doesn't "get" it, and wanting to protect him. I can take it when my kids are not completely respectful to me, I can't take it when they aren't to him. He has given them so much, I hope they get it someday. I told my twin son, "if nothing else you see about him, he has honored your Mother and made her very happy. That alone should earn your respect."
Well, I have gone on and on today. I am feeling happy and it feels good. I definitely have my very bad days, even when life is good, I can find something to stress about. I'm good that way:)
Blessings all....happy scales to you, until we meet again!
Maintenance is definitely harder! I am looking forward to when I get to call it quits on the losing part, because then I will 'be done' but I know that I will never really be done... At least with this way of eating it will be easier. I think so anyway. Congrats on the 145! :)
ReplyDeletefirst of all great job on the weight! For me I feel - even though I am not quite at my goal but its only 3lbs, So I'm just gonna say that I am there.
ReplyDeleteBut for me nothing will change at all. I'm gonna keep doing this and just take those 2 bites every now and then. If I start losing too much - I will just eat 1 more carb.
about the blogging I think they quit because they are not losing and gave up.
I hope everything goes well with your family and husband.
Have a great day :-)
I think we can all find things to stress about when life is good. I hope things work out with your husbands job, everything is hard when your back isn't right. I'm glad you found such a nice man who is so good to you and your kids.
ReplyDeleteI miss all our friends who have fallen off the blogs. I think for a lot of people they are just trying to lose weight and are not really looking to make healthy changes in their lifestyle. I hope you have a nice day and a wonderful time with your family :)
Great blog post Kay. I really enjoy connecting with everyone too. I will try not to drop off, but somedays I do forget to check the blogs or write. I think checking in is really good to keep us all on track. I know what you mean about having chaos in the house. You want them to be home, but then you want them to leave!Keep up the good work though and stay with the BFC. Signed another loud, obnoxious friend.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Kay! I am totally with you there, Im at the same weight as you, but 135 sounds possible. I dont know how exactly ;) but at least it doesnt sound impossible like it did two years ago. So true about maintenance! Im finding it to be a bear. But most ppl quit their diet at least in part when they reach their goal weight. We aren't going to do that though!
ReplyDelete