Today was a pity party for myself. I have no other way to explain blowing off Zumba and sitting around all day. Ugh!!! I think I just needed some quiet time. When I owned my women's gym, I would have anywhere from 30-50+ women a day coming in and telling me their life stories, problems, successes, etc. I loved to listen and visit. I felt like a bartender that should write a book! Now it has been awhile and I don't have those long days of conversations anymore:( That is kind of good for my brain, but then when I do have a lot of friend stimulation it wears me out! This has been a busy social week. Yesterday I spent 6 hours with my 85 year old amazing German friend hearing about her trip to Germany and Austria. I loved every minute of our time together, but I was "peopled" out by the time I came home. We started our time at The Olive Garden for lunch and then went to her house to look at her photo album of the trip. I hope and pray I look as beautiful and healthy as she is at 85. Amazing woman!!!
Yesterday food:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 3 bacon, sand thin
Lunch: Zuppa soup, chicken parm and 1 bread stick
Dinner: Spring greens with pepperoni, turkey, ranch and some chili cheese fritos crushed up.
Dessert: 1/3 banana and cool whip
On my pity party, no brain day....
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 3 bacon, sandwich thin
Lunch: Spring greens with steak and chili cheese fritos crushed
Dinner: 5/2 chili with 2 hot dogs
Dessert: 1/3 banana and cool whip.
I am such a boring eater and I LOVE it....Boring makes this whole BFC thing easier since I don't have to come up with tons of new food ideas.
I still haven't had a bite of traditional sweets....Again I feel it is that slippery slope that will take me downhill again.
I ordered a new bathing suit and I am excited to get it. If anyone needs a bathing suit with excellent booby support, Victoria's Secret has a tankini top that you order by your bra size.This will be my 3rd one, just different colors!
Have a great weekend:)
Ginger...thanks for your comment. I would love to offer words of encouragement to you too. Are you blogging?
Final note...my oldest son will be 32 on Sunday. It has been the blink of an eye! I just don't understand how I haven't aged:) Totally kidding!!!
I can relate to all that you said in this post. When you do decide to try sweets again get a dark chocolate bar with 85% caco I personally like ghiradelli midnight reverie and have just one or two squares.
ReplyDeleteI know a lot of people don't care for dark chocolate and it becomes an aquired taste, but it is much much lower in sugar and it is sooo good for you.
You are awesome and I hope you have a nice weekend and happy bday to your son :)
I too know how you feel - I am alone a lot and wish sometimes I wasn't.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Katie about the chocolate and I love it. You know 1 banana has 15 grams of sugar so even at 1/3 its too much on the BFC.
I love hearing the stories from older people from other countries too. So fascinating.
Feel better and have a good day :-)
Rosalie, I was just figuring that a lot of you have the chocolate that if I calculate correctly has 5 sugars? Since I don't have that I have my banana. If I am wrong, let me know because chocolate sounds good too:)
ReplyDeleteHi Kay, The chocolate that we eat the 85% has 2.5 grams of sugar for those 2 squares. That's why it's so awesome, I can still have my chocolate - I love it. I didn't like it in the beginning - but as I kept trying it - I grew to like it more and more.
ReplyDelete(don't be mad - just trying to help) There's love behind it I promise :-)
Have a great day :-)
I would NEVER be mad! I need your help and appreciate it. I thought it was 2.5 sugars per square. It is all better than a giant piece of cake:)
ReplyDelete