On June 7th it will be my 3 month anniversary of BFC. I feel like I have conquered my addiction to sweets! I know that it will come back and I will have to deal with it for the rest of my life, but it feels so good right now! I really haven't cheated one single time. I have had things that probably have more sugar in them (teriyaki) than I should have, but I have not had candy, cookies, chocolate, donuts, etc. Happy:)
I have a lot more carbs than I should on certain days, I still don't eat whole wheat bread, and I am not perfect, but I have lost 17 lbs and I don't feel like I have deprived myself of any of my favorite things. I have started eating salads which I have NEVER eaten before and I am 54 years old. I have a fruit and a veggie every day, I have never done that before either. I eat the whole wheat white sandwich thins for every bread need. I wrap them around my hot dogs:) I really, really feel like I can do this forever.
I have 10 more lbs that I would like to lose. It is technically the same 10 lbs that I have wanted to lose over the years. Now I feel like I actually have the tools to do it. 10 lbs might not seem like that much to lose, but it makes a big difference when you are close to your goal. I realize it will take me several more weeks to get it off. I would love to weight 138 lbs....that is my goal....I am 148.4 right now.
Getting down to 138-135 will not assure my happiness. I probably still won't have a job that I love, I will still worry about my husband and my kids, I will still have the lovely cellulite in my legs, I will still worry about a million other things, but I will have accomplished a goal.
I know maintenance is going to be a HUGE challenge, but I would sure like to get there to find out:)
Blessings!!!
Hi kay, you have done so good and you should be very proud. If you just keep doing the BFC I know those last 10lbs will come off, just maybe a bit slower.
ReplyDeleteYou will get there!
Have a great day :-)