Saturday, August 6, 2011

SCALE SHOCKER!!!! 141.5

I weighed before I went to bed last night and I said to my husband, "if I lose overnight (which is my usual thing), I am going to be really happy with the scale in the morning"! I couldn't believe it! That is .1 lbs away from 24 lbs.
I am glad that I have my physical on Tuesday so I can make sure this is all real:) Maybe I can go off the BP medicine I have taken for 24 years! Has sugar always been my enemy and I just kept hammering it down?
Pattie, the little smokies are from Hillshire Farms. I guess I have just subbed them for the bacon that I was chowing down. I really think the high fiber tortilla's that I found are helping a lot too. I also missed about 3 weeks of Zumba when I was getting frustrated with the scale too. Wow:) Happy girl today:) Now I just have to maintain it and not sabotage myself. I also think that I am more active with my grandson being here. I don't just sit and think about myself all day, I play with him. Maybe mental energy burns calories too:)
May God Bless the 31 Navy Seal team 6 that were killed in Afghanistan. 31 of the best and the brightest. I am so sad:(

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Kay!!!! That's great. I have been on BP meds for 21 years too. I would love to get off them! So sad about the navy seals. So sad! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to hear how the check up goes! PS I'm still liking those high fiber, low carb mission tortillas too. When I run out I'm going to try and not buy them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Kay, good work!! I think the higher fiber and being more active might be the key. Gotta work on that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Kay!! You're going to catch up with me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kay - I noticed you posted on Rosalie's website that you weren't sure if I responded to your question about making cinnamon swirl coconut bread- I think you could. I made my last batch with cinnamon in it, and I think it tasted yummy, although I used unsalted butter this time and I'm not sure yet if that was a good choice. I think you could put a swirl of cinnamon and erythritol or some granulated non sugar on / in the bread and swirl it around a little. The batter is really thick, so you'd be able to get a good line of sugar/cinnamon. Oh, boy, now I want to make it. You've done it now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the bread is just like pound cake, just not sweet. I put vanilla in this last batch too, maybe not enough. I like the bread, though- it's a nice change - it would be tasty with a strawberry slice on top and some whip. Maybe tomorrow I will do that. For breakfast - isn't that horrible!?! I'll serve sausage too maybe... Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I forgot- I get my flour wherever I can find it- Fred meyer sometimes. My natural foodstore... Can't remember if my usual store has it right now..'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Kay, you are disappearing :-)

    ReplyDelete