 |
| Oh honey, hurry and take the pic! |
 |
| Scenery at the wedding! |
I had a wonderful food filled weekend. If I told you all of the things I ate, it would take a lot of space here! I finally broke my no sweets record. I knew I would have some, so I picked what I wanted. I did not have my tootsie roll that I have, every time we go to the area that we went. That was good! I got peanuts and a peppered pepperoni stick. Love them:) I did not have wedding cupcakes, but I had olive bread. OH MY GOSH!!! The bread was part of the wedding dinner. The main course was Chicken Marsala and it had mushrooms. Sadly even if there is no mushroom on the chicken, I know it may have touched it, and it is a big NO! I ate mashed potatoes, Caeser salad, and olive bread. I did drink way too many diet soda's, because ice tea was not available until on Sunday at the restaurant. I do not miss diet soda!
The view from the wedding venue was amazing. That my friends is the Wenatchee Valley, the "Apple capital" of the world! It was an amazing evening. Sadly the bride, in her first dance with her hubby, dipped when he wasn't ready and blew out her knee. She was sitting the rest of the evening. They leave on their honeymoon in a week, so hopefully she will be better by then.
 |
| Downtown Leavenworth |
 |
| God Bless our Beautiful Country:) |
This picture was in Leavenworth, the Bavarian Village:) It was so beautiful there. That is where I finally had sweets. I bought the cookies that I wanted and then had 3 bites and passed them to my husband. At one shop I had a spritzer cookie. It tasted mostly like flour and was dipped in dark chocolate. It wasn't worth more than the 3 bites. At the Gingerbread factory I got a ginger snap. It had sugar crystals everywhere! I had 3 bites and handed it off. I really wanted the giant heart shaped and frosted gingerbread, so I made a good choice. We then went to a little place and I had my usual french dip. I always put all the meat on one side of the bread and eat just the 1/2 bun. I had fries too, but less than 10. It feels like I accomplish something when I do that. We then stopped and got fresh cherries at a fruit stand. I had to sample the cherries!!! The cherries were the only thing healthy I ate for 2 days. I did not drink enough water, I had too much diet soda, and I ate bad. I was swollen 2.9 lbs when I woke up this morning.
Zumba this morning and I am back on track! I feel good, positive about the future. I know I can travel, enjoy my food, and get back on track when I get home:) Life is good!!!
Kay it sounds like you had a good time. Don't worry about the couple of lbs. Just worry about tomorrow. Have a great day :-)
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute I love the pics you posted. I bet the wedding was beautiful I hope the bride's knee gets better quickly, what a crappy thing to hurt your knee at your wedding.
ReplyDeleteKudos for having three bites of the cookies you really wanted and then passing them off to hubby. Don't stress about being up a couple of lbs, just keep drinking your water and doin zumba :)
HI Kay! First off what is wrong with mushrooms? I looked them up in my book and the sugar count isn't much. Fill me in. I think you are up in weight because of the change in eating. I bet it's alot of water retention. There is alot of sodium in those banquet type meals and the diet soda has some too. You did good. Tried a few things, and now it's a new week. That is so sad about the bride. All that planning and she couldn't even dance and enjoy the wedding. Too bad for her. Thanks for posting the question anwers on my blog. Didn't get too many responses, just our usual group. I will post thme at a later date. Maybe I will get a few more. Good answers though from those who posted! Thanks also for always cheering me on. I know if we lived closer we would be great friends. I'm opinionated too!!!Take care and happy zumba!
ReplyDelete