| My morning vitamins:) |
This is what I take every morning after breakfast. The green tea I have been taking for a very long time, when I remember! Do they help? Who knows, but I continue on! I'm sure it would help more if I would take more than 1 a day. The magnesium has taken the place of the Metamucil. I rarely take it anymore. My regularity started when I started the magnesium, so I have to give that and the fiber tortilla's credit. I started by taking 1 a day and if I feel a little plugged up, I take 2. I learned about the magnesium from a comment on the BFC fan page. The flaxseed oil, I just started adding in a few days ago, I forgot I even had it, for all I know it is expired! I think it was Amber that mentioned it in her blog. The vitamin D was prescribed by my Dr. a few years ago. It has helped me tremendously in the "Debbie Downer" department! Even taking 2000 to 3000 IU's a day and a nice tan, I still had moderately low Vitamin D when I had my blood work done for my physical.
So here in all it's glory is my last 2 days in food consumption:(
Saturday
Breakfast: sandwich thin with 1/2 PB and Natures Hollow and 1/2 butter and NH
Lunch: Bowl of pasta salad:( Tri color pasta, turkey pepperoni, parmesan cheese, black olives and italian dressing.
Dinner: Mexican chimichanga and burrito, chips and salsa.
Party and I did not have dessert!
Sunday
Breakfast/lunch
Real hamburger, as in making my own patty, with mayo, teeny bit of catsup (seriously maybe an 1/8 of tsp) spinach on a grilled sandwich thin. Salt and pepper potato chips with ranch:(
Dinner: KFC wing and breast Xtra crispy...their mistake so I just ate it anyway, 3 bites of mash potatoes and gravy. No coleslaw, no biscuit.
Dessert: Fro yo and they only had strawberry banana sugar free. It was gross so I had about 2 TBSP total of vanilla with sliced almonds. I know it had too much sugar, but my hubby had already gotten his vanilla and hot fudge sauce! The website shows that 1/2 cup would be 16 sugars so even the small amount I had, had too much sugar. I am waiting to see how my tummy does.
So that is the truth, I have too many carbs, but my sugar is pretty much under control. Now I will have to find a good balance.
My mid year resolution is to lose more weight as painlessly as possible, and to quit stressing. I think the losing weight is easier than the quit stressing!
The first of September I am going to go back to the legalistic BFC and try and take some weight off before Hawaii. We are having such beautiful weather, I may still have a tan when we leave the 5th of October!
Blessings and happy scales:)
I take a handful of vitamins every morning too. I feel it helps in our healthy goals.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!! :-)
I have a friend who is an RNFA (RN First assistant. They work side by side with surgeons & suture & assist) She works with a plastic surgeon and she said that she recommends magnesium to her pts after surgery prophalactically so they wont be constipated. Its good to know that this works as my sister has horrible issues in this area.
ReplyDeleteI take a multi viatamin, 6,000 u of vitamin D (was told it helps release fat stores) 2,000 mg fish oil capsules (antinfalmmatory also good for wt loss) and a hair skin & nails supplement that is working great! My nails look awesome!! Resveratrol too when I remember.
I think supplements are a good thing & although they are a pain in the butt to remember to take, when I do I feel better about myself.
Thanks for the tip on Mag.
I have been taking my multivitamin every day for the last week, and I swear that I'm not as hungry during the day now.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the now stressing thing. :)
Kay
ReplyDeleteJust something I wanted you to know. I was reading a post on PAtties blog & u said you wish someone shared your love of fritos....well you have met your friend and its me!! I have to tell you, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE FRITOS!!! I have been in love with them since I was a little girl! I remember riding my bike up to the convenience store & buying a bag (big bag, not snack size) & laying on my moms bed & I would chow down on my fritos & watch Days of our Lives. I cant keep him( Mr Frito) in my house...he woos me from teh cupboard & whispers sweet nothings in my ear! Its a love hate relationship! lol!!!
I like the idea of sharing vitamins and supplements, since I'm always looking for something that might make me healthier! I take 1 Centrum for Women, 2 Resveratrol, 1 magnesium(which has been helping with leg cramps I was getting in one leg),and 2 probiotics. I also take 2 tsp of Clear Benefiber in my coffee just to get a little extra Fiber, and just added a daily 1 tsp of Barleans Cinnamon Flax Oil. Except for the Oil & Benefiber, I keep all the rest in a shelf in my bathroom so I take them all in the morning when I get up.
ReplyDelete