Thursday, August 4, 2011

Holding:)

No scale retribution today because of all of the carbs I ate yesterday. I hope it hangs with me until tomorrow too.
I went and had my blood work done for my physical today. I am so excited to find out next week how good everything looks. I had 2 bad cholesterol tests so I was at the do or die point. I hope it is great!
Breakfast: egg and little smoky burrito with a little salsa. I could have been really hungry from fasting or the tortilla is growing on me! I do love the fiber they provide.
Lunch: sandwich thin toasted with butter and jam. Pasta salad....too much:(
Dinner: same exact thing as lunch! I am so weird about food. I need to get the pasta salad out of the house and not just down my tummy. I did mention there is spinach in it right? That redeems it a tiny bit.
No dessert. I mentioned in a blog a while ago that my mom and I hadn't spoken for about 8 months because of her decision to put my 46 year old spina bifida sister in a nursing home? I decided today that I had had enough of the silence so I went to her house. I don't know if I feel better or not. My mom has chosen to be a victim all of her life and I have chosen to be a survivor. I guess I shouldn't judge her, but I am so dang proud of the way I turned out. I choose life! I choose to have a happy life. I choose to love. I am blessed.
Shit happens, it's how you deal with it that makes you a winner.
Blessings and happy scales....What a day!
One more complaint! We just had our ice maker fixed (well it isn't fixed yet). When all is said and done it will have cost about 550.00 and the guy has been her 5 times and will need to come again tomorrow. He is a sweet old guy, but really? 5 times? And 550.00??? We should have just bought a new refrigerator:(

5 comments:

  1. Having fridge problems here too. Mine is leaking refrigerant. It is 9 years old, but there is a 12 year warranty for that problem. So the parts are covered....but not the labor. That will cost me about $650! Ugghhh!! I like your attitude Kay. I don't always deal well with stress. I am going to try and work on handling it better. I swear between the thryoid stuff and the peri menopausal stuff, the hormones are raging!!! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Kay! I love that attitude, too!
    I don't think you are funny about food at all. If I didn't have to cook for a bunch of people here I would probably have the same thing for lunch and dinner. i would probably even sometimes eat dinner for breakfast, if it was something I loved? I don't even make pork chops here, b/c my hub doesn't like them, so who knows ...
    Oh, and you know it takes 15 times of trying something to like it - maybe you've eaten the tortillas enough to like them now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay~
    You are downright beautiful! What a great smile you have & you really look great!! Dont beat yourself up over food....its just that...food. Forgive & move on.
    I dont know the circumstances with your relationship with your mom but perhaps caring for your sister became too difficult for her? I dont know how old she is but I know that it could be very challenging, especially if she is elderly. I pray that you will find peace with her and that your relationship will be mended soon. Life is just too short. My mom has ovarian cancer & she is a 6 yr survivor which is almost unheard of. She is back in treatment for it and the thought of not having her around devastates me & makes me tear up. I feel blessed that God sent her to me & I hope he keeps her around alot longer.
    Have a wonderful day my friend!!!
    ((Sherri))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that your test will all turn out OK now. And yeah the spinach helps. :-)
    I think its was very big of you to take the first step with your mom. I know you feel great about that. That's what I say "shit happens then you die" LOL. I hope you get the ice maker fixed. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested to hear about your blood results. Last time I had a cholesterol test mine was slightly high too but I think the "no sugar" will really help. Sorry to hear about the mom issues, I have them too, but you have such a great, positive attitude! I always have a hard time putting my negative feelings aside. PS: We just bought a new refrigerator last night. Ours just became too small!

    ReplyDelete