Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I cried today:)

Happy tears, shocked tears!!! My capri's that I had on today kept falling down off my butt, I have no butt:( Just a thick middle....anyway, I thought "these are too big, I wonder how far away from fitting into my size 4 Abercrombie jeans I am?". I put them on and they fit! Not perfect, I would have to wear a shaper to help with a bit of muffin top, but they fit, and not even skin tight. I haven't been able to wear those jeans in about 5 years!!! It truly was one of those really weird feelings, twilight zone. I know I have lost, but the scale is still hovering at around 140-141. I called my hubby, who is on vacation, upstairs and just started crying. He just held me and asked if it was time to get my new jeans yet:) We leave for our shopping trip to Missoula Montana tomorrow. I am excited to get some things that fit. I'm not excited about the potential bad choices I may make in food! It's time to get really serious and to really monitor myself when this month is over. September hear me ROAR!!!
I just want to say thank you to all of my BFC friends who listen and encourage me.
I had my mashed potatoes and spinach for dinner again tonight. Yummy...It sure makes a small portion of potatoes go further. I used at least a cup of spinach cut up small. I also microwaved it for 40 seconds to soften the spinach. That helps take away any crunchy texture.
Karson loving getting splashed!
Me "coloring" with Karson
Yesterday we had a wonderful day at the lake with my good friend. My Kayce used to help her girls (identical twins) with soccer when they were in junior high. Now they are freshman at Washington State University. Time has flown. That's why she invited Kayce, Karson and me:) Another day of too many chips, but I did not have any sweets and that was tough since they all bought my favorite frosted shortbread cookies!
Sherrie, I just want you to know how impressed I am by your success with Mary Kay. The little gal that was with us yesterday sells it too. It is not easy putting yourself out there and continually building your business. Kudo's girl! If you can do that, you can certainly do this:) I wish I was retired because I wanted to be, and not because the economy has forced me to be:( But that is a story for another day! Today is a glorious day:)
As long as we continue to blog and hold ourselves accountable, we are all winners!!!


7 comments:

  1. Well that's just fantastic about the pants. Just keep on doin what you're doin girl, cause it's working. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I understand the excitment over the jeans and I am very happy for you!!! It looks like you had a ton of fun at the lake, you are doing awesome keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great Kay! Size four!?!? No way!!! That is my goal - you met my goal!?!? Speechless over here! Have FUN SHOPPING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, size 4. I thought that was a toddler size. Congrats to you Kay. That is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the Capri's!! I have a dress I wore at my rehearsal dinner (almost 23 years ago) that is still in the back of my closet. I don't know why I kept if, but if I can ever get that to fit again I would be more than thrilled!! Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doin the happy dance for Kay!! Doin the happy dance!!!! OMG!! I would be sobbing too if I had a pr of size 4s fit me!! That is TINY Missy!!! Congrats!! Even when the scale isnt being our friend, sometimes our clothing tells us the true story of our success.
    You go buy yourself a rockin pr of jeans tomorrow & some fabulous new clothes!!! YOu have worked hard & are so deserving!!
    Thanks for the kudos on the MK. I do love my business & still have fantastic customers who also love our products. It was a difficult decision to retire from my managemnet position as it payed me extremely well, but my health & getting "me" back is the most important thing to me right now so I have no regrets. I wanted to devote all my energies to my weight loss and I have finally found success and I think its because my focus has cahnged. Its all good!!
    Have a wonderful time tomorrow girl!!! I am going to a huge outlet mall with my sisters on Tues. I cant wait!!! Gonna get a new Coach purse for myself as an early bday present & visit my favorite stores....Chicos, Dress Barn, Ann Taylor Loft....Oh I LOVE to shop!!!! :)
    ((Hugs to you))

    ReplyDelete