This is my oldest friend Shelley who lives in Sikeston Missouri. She is the only one of the 9 of us girls that moved away. We met the first day of 6th grade at 12 years old. 42 years later, I still love her tons!!! All of us girls went to Anthony's on the river to celebrate her 54th birthday. She was diagnosed with M.S. when she was in her early 30's and she has not let it stop her or slow her down! The picture below is the picture of us at Christmas, 24 lbs ago! I obviously did a crop job before I saved the second picture.
Anyway....the reason I am tired is because I have not had my thyroid pills since Thursday:( I have to get them mail order and I didn't send for them in time. It really hit me today and I slept a lot. It's totally my fault and that makes me mad at myself:( If they don't come tomorrow, I will call my Dr. office and try and get some samples. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Hopefully lesson learned!
I had a fun morning getting my boobies squashed for my yearly mammogram. Since I was out I got a sausage mcmuffin minus the eggs and cheese. It sure tasted good. I need to get some sausage patties to have around for breakfast. Bacon and I reconciled during my trip, but I don't think I am going to buy any again for a long time.
Lunch was a ham sandwich on a whole wheat sandwich thin. I had to use one of my daughter's because I was out of my whole wheat white. My taste buds must be changing because it really wasn't that bad!
Dinner was fish and chips, light on the chips. It was wonderful. I did not get the 4 course meal that everyone else had because it came with dessert. I am so proud of me:)
I made the peanut butter cookies that Dawn posted. They are quite tasty:) I had 2 for a snack when I woke up from my long slumber. I hope tomorrow is more energetic day.
My hubby was told not to work again until they decide what to do with him??? So I guess he is home again tomorrow. Crazy waiting:( The independent Dr. that the state brought in to evaluate his injury came all the way from Virginia. They contract from out of state so it is a "fair and balanced" assessment. Kind of cool actually.
Blessings and Happy Scales!

Great job at dinner! And your picture is awesome! What a great photo! Glad you like the cookies. The original recipe calls for way too much sweetener, like a cup I think. They totally don't need that much. Hope you get your thyroid meds soon.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get your thyroid meds soon. I know the tired your speaking of. I'm on thyroid meds as well. I need to go looking for Dawn's cookies. I have to be careful adding in sweet treats though. Hope you have a great Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteThat is so nice that you have kept in touch with your friend for so long. I have a two childhood friends. One is fairly close but the other moved to Atlanta. When we are together its just like old times, like family really (without the crap!)Hope your feeling more like your old self again soon!
ReplyDeleteI was told by my doctor many, many, many years ago that I needed to take thyroid meds too. After years of taking them, 1 day I just decided to stop. after about 9 months later I went into the Docs for a check up and told him that I stopped taking them. All my blood tests since have been fine. So why did they prescribe them to begin with??
ReplyDeleteHMMM. I think doctors push drugs from certain vendors.
Weird HUH??
I have a thyroid problem too Kay and I have to have medication every day. Some people have a mild low level, and it can resolve, probably like Rosalie, but mine is more serious and I have a nodule that they watch, ultrasound and biopsy once a year. Taking the med is imperative because your body isn't making the thryoid hormone, and the thyroid is such an important glad in the body. Your sluggishness is a classic symptom, but there are other important things that you need those replacement hormones for. You should call your dr and get a few days samples. It takes several days for the blood level to be reached, so you need to start taking them again soon.
ReplyDeleteKay, just wanted to say thanks for you comments on my blog. I really liked hearing about your experiences. You made me laugh and feel better - thank you..
ReplyDeleteKay - I have a question- I am pretty sure I didn't post a peanut butter cookie recipe that had coconut flour in it. What recipe did you use?
ReplyDelete