Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Physical complete!

I had my physical on Tuesday morning. Here's the good and the bad. I weighed 143 on the Dr.'s scale with my clothes and shoes on:) That means my scale is pretty darn accurate! The bad news, she only measured me at 5'3" which means I should lose more weight! I have also shrunk almost an inch. (or so I tell myself:) Nothing has changed over the year as far as my health goes, no BP decrease:( No cholesterol decrease. I have to say that surprised me because I have lost the weight. She just said that some people are genetically inclined and since I am normal in weight, eating right and exercising, I didn't need to worry about it. I think it was 214 and the goal is for under 200. My thyroid was where it should be so no increase/decrease in meds there either. She also didn't tell me not to tan! After I got done with the physical I stopped at Mc D's and got a sausage muffin, no eggs or cheese. I did not get my usual potatoes or orange juice. Progress. I then met my daughter for lunch at a pizza place and did my usual small pizza and putting all the topping on 3 crusts. I was hungry:( I usually only eat 2 crusts. For dinner last night I had the last of my KFC wings and spinach salad with ranch and chili cheese fritos. I also ate a whole Clemmy O which I knew would cause tummy issues. I am sure my husband would have been really thankful that he was out of town last night. It was not a good thing.
Zumba this AM. I am under 2 months until we go to Hawaii. I just don't know if I will really drop another size? I don't have 12 days worth of clothes that fit that's for sure. It will be major clearance shopping time if I do manage to drop a size lower. I also think about really putting some time in the gym to firm things up more. I don't know, I think about it and then I don't do it.
Breakfast: Toasted sandwich thin with 1/2 PB and J and 1/2 butter and jam. My grandson loves this and takes lots of bites! UVAM. I am actually liking it just like milk!
Lunch: Breakfast burrito with little smokies. I didn't have it for breakfast and those tortilla's really help me in the fiber dept. I also ate 5 lays potato chips. I have a 99 cent bag that I am going to make last all week!
For dinner I thawed out a steak to put on more spinach. I feel better when I eat the spinach, I think it gives me energy, just like Pop Eye says! I took a nap both Monday and Tuesday afternoons.
Dessert will be fresh rasberries and cool whip. Yummy:)
Blessings and happy scales:)
P.S. I do not want people to think I make judgement on them because they drink alcohol. EVERYONE I know drinks! I just think it should have limits when you are trying to lose weight. Just my opinion which has gotten me into trouble before!

7 comments:

  1. That's great Kay that you weighed that with clothes and shoes on I always take my shoes off. I don't think anything about the wine. It is one of those things that I am not willing to give up, kind of like your fritos. Wine is a passion and hobby too and I like to read about wines and go out with friends and we bring wines to try. We even have another trip to CA wine country planned, even though we were just there last year. I love to spend the day tasting and touring. But that's my thing, I realize it will make my loss slower, but I think that if I cut back on my carbs, it may work for me. I did lose three this week doing that and I had wine every night. Hopefully this will continue!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey great job on the physical! Too bad about the blood pressure, etc, but as long as everything's normal, that's good! :)

    I'm noticing that the almond milk tastes just like cow milk now, especially after drinking the coconut milk.

    I don't hold your opinion against you, if we weren't truthful on here it wouldn't be the same. I expect you all to be straight up, or I wouldn't be blogging here with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah good job at the doc's. And this is why we have this little group of ours. To share and help each other. We can't all be the same. I do like wine - just since the BFC I choose not to drink it more than once or twice a week.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos on eating more spinach I know it is hard for you. I agree it is best to be truthful and honest with eachother on our opinions and how we are doing the bfc. Everyone is different and it is refreshing to read how everyone is making the bfc work for them. I enjoy your honesty and your opinion. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments on my blog Kay...it made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay~
    I would give my eye teeth & right arm to weigh in the 140s! Good job girl!! Glad to hear you are fit as a fiddle!
    As for the trip thing, just buy the appropriate size. There is nothing worse than buying a size down & not being able to wear it. I know from personal experience not to do this. For some it motivates & if thats the case, do it but I would rather have my clothes comfortable & not like I am a sausage squeezed into the casing. (not saying that that would be you...lol)
    Keep on keepin on!
    ((Sherri))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Sherri, being in the 140's is great!! I haven't weighed that since I got married and that was about 23 years ago!! I'll settle for 150 now! I think your doctors appointed went well. I think I should go in for a physical. I have no idea what my numbers are.

    ReplyDelete