So my store where I get my Clemmy O's did not have them so I went straight to the Dept. manager to inquire as to why. It appears another vendor took their place, but she said enough people buy them that they will have them back. She did show me the vanilla bean Clemmy's ice cream so I finally got to buy some! It was also on sale for 2.99 so it was a bonus! I have had a couple of spoon fulls 2 days in a row now with 2 of Dawn's PB cookies. What a luxurious treat!
I don't know if I am recovering from 5 days of no thyroid meds, or total stress about my husbands job situation, but I slept all day. I went to my room at 1:00 and came back down about 5:30 because my daughter had bought pizza for dinner. I am a little worried about myself, but I will snap back. If I am this stressed, I imagine my husband is 10x that. It is so far out of our hands that we can only hold our breath longer and pray that everything turns out. He is officially off work again on medical leave, but what kind of leave and how will his company respond? Will they fire him? Or put him on disability? So many unknowns and so many stresses. Seriously no one's problem but mine, so sorry to be Debbie Downer:( My kids have always just thought my husband will just pay for everything, which he does for the most part, but they always just tell me to get a job if you are so concerned. Hmmmm, me and millions of other's would love to get a job. That's another whole rant so we will leave that for another day.
Anyway, tomorrow is when I will start my getting ready for Hawaii month. I did go to Zumba today for the first time in 2 weeks. She had a 67 minute play list because Friday is her last morning of teaching. She is going back to school full time. I will miss her a ton because she is so inspiring. The other gals are OK, but just not the same. I survived 67 minutes of Zumba:)
My food is bad, my mood is bad, my weight isn't bad yet.....
Someone kick my ass off my pity train!
Here's to a Kick Rear September!!!! Cheers:)
Kay, I left you a message on facebook. I'm sorry you are so down in the dumps, but I really think the thryoid meds, or lack of, are a huge part. Mood, tiredness, all of those are symptoms of hypothyroidism. Once you get the meds, it will take a few days to get your levels up, so I hope you get back on them soon. Plus metabolically you are going to be very much slowed down. Anyway, at least you found the Clemmy's. Hang in there and read my facebook message. I really think you need to have some representation to get your husband the best outcome possible. That is my humble opinion! Hugs to you from me!
ReplyDeleteKay, sounds like we are both having a bad week! I can certainly understand your stressing with all that you have on your plate right now. Sometimes its the waiting and uncertainty that is the hardest part. My husband and I know of someone in a similar situation. He hurt his shoulder on the job, had to have it operated on and now his company will not pay workers compensation. He had to stop going to rehab, because he could not afford it! What is with companies these days?! They want and expect 110% out of their employees, but when it is their turn to give back, they stall, come up with excuses or just say no! It is becoming a bad trend. Hopefully your husbands company will come to a decision quickly and also do the right thing. As far as our kids are concerned, don't they just crack you up with their financial views on the world? Unless our problems actually affect them in some huge way they wonder what the big deal is. I guess one day they will come to realize all we did for them to make their lives easier. (Hope I'm still around when that light bulb pops on over their heads-'cause I think it might be awhile!)
ReplyDeleteHope you hear good news and you feel better soon!
Kay- we are here for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that it's the meds - I think your body is just trying to figure out what to do. Hang in there!
I am excited that you are getting ready for Hawaii! Someday I will go there, too, it wounds like such a neat place. Remember your action plan! You can do this!
The Blueberry buckle looks/smells really good - like coffee cake. I think you would really like it. And you're right, it's all about portion control. As I'm cutting up slices for the boys this morning, I'm sure half a slice would be enough for me at this point. Still not going to, though. I'm liking how I feel off of wheat still.
US as women have our hormones going up and down all the time, that along with the stress and lack of meds - well.
ReplyDeleteI am really hoping that all goes well with your husband.
And as of now you are officially uninvited to the Pity train - so you have to get off now. LOL
Big Hug - glad you found clemmys :-)
Hey High maintainance buddy!!
ReplyDeleteI feel so badly for you with the hubby situation & wish I had the answers but I dont. My hubby lost his job 2 yrs ago & got so mean & depressed. He was a bear to be around & some things that he said to me back then still resonante in my mind & I cant seem to move past them to forget them. I know your hubby isnt laid off but I do know that awful feeling of uncertainty. I will pray for you both...I promise.
Im jealous you can get the Clemmys ice cream. we cant get it up North here in PA. Have a big spoonful for me!
Hugs! things will get better!!!
Sherri