That was the advice I gave my women at the gym because I did not eat veggies, I ate way to many junk foods, and I only exercised 4 days a week even though often times I was working 6 days. I literally would sit there and visit with them while they worked out rather than to have my body require that I worked out 5 days a week to maintain. I will go on record as saying that I needed to lose about 10-15 lbs when I owned the gym. I was not overweight, just a lot of "fat pockets" that I wanted to get rid of. I was told by a friend recently that people don't notice that I have lost weight, because I wasn't that over weight for very long. By my calculations, the scale started climbing in March 2010. Last summer I weighed about 167 lbs when my daughter and I started weigh watchers. I lost about 7 lbs before we quit going. The reason that I am bringing this up is because I haven't been overweight my whole life, but I have had a lot of extra fat for many, many years. That's what woke me up when I watched Jorge on Rachel Ray. I was able to eat a LOT of food, bad food, and still be around 145 lbs. I looked OK with clothes on, but minus clothes was another story. I NEVER wore shorts in my own gym. I hated my legs and I was embarrassed that someone would think that the equipment didn't work because I still had dimply legs. It was the food I tell you! I still have a way to go but eating the BFC lifestyle is really getting rid of a lot of the built of fat stores that I had. My ankles have even slimmed down. I have to believe that it has a lot to do with the sugar/carb count and my insulin levels being more regulated. I am looking at this scientifically. I think Jorge gave us as many sugar and carbs as he could to allow this to work. I think a lot of his claims are over the top, but I do believe my body is functioning more efficiently doing the BFC.
Now here comes the don't do as I do....We went to KFC yesterday and they had 12 chicken wings for 6.49. I have 2 left tonight. I have eaten 9 of them because I gave my hubby one. Do I really think I am going to have a big weight loss tomorrow when I ate so many pieces of fried chicken??? NO, and I haven't eaten any spinach or veggies for days. Jorge says we can eat KFC, but I don't think he meant 9 chicken wings. I also discovered that the pasta salad that I was chowing down on for 3 days...I did not know that Italian dressing had sugar in it. I had looked at the Good Seasons packet, but it never occurred to me that Italian dressing had sugar. It has 4 sugars in 2 TBS. I was not only eating way too much pasta, but tons of sugar! Ugh!!! There are still so many lessons I need to learn. I really need to go back to journaling every day because when I marked off the S/C's I was much more accurate.
On the positive front, I did go to Zumba today and I had no issues with nausea. I actually ate a bowl of cheerios and a chicken wing for protein. I am BIZARRE!!!
Tomorrow is my physical. I am really excited to see the progress that I have made. In the afternoon I am actually going to a water park with my daughter and grandson and I will wear my bathing suit. That my friends is HUGE progress. We were going to go a couple of weeks ago and it didn't work out. Hopefully tomorrow we can make it.
I am really good at having the opinion that you have to go "all in" on this lifestyle and then not doing it myself. I will get better. I agree with Dawn, the closer we get to goal the more calories are going to play into the weight loss. I need to remind myself of that.
Blessings and happy scales:)
I agree with you there are still so many lessons that we need to learn from the bfc. I feel really blessed to be aware of how terrible sugar is. I too have lost fat from funny little spots that I never realized that I could lose fat from. Have a great day at the water park!!!
ReplyDeleteHi.
ReplyDeleteThat's why these blogs are so important to all of us. Sometimes we forget some of the basics.
Encouraging each other sure helps too.
I saw where someone asked you about the little smokies. I picked up a bag at the super market yesterday,,,another new thing to try,
You are doing really well even when you go off the path,,,
Linda
I feel way better eating this way than I ever did on any other diet! Even my husband feels better, because of me packing his lunches and making Belly good breakfasts.
ReplyDeleteI realized that about the italian dressing too - last time I made salad with it, I only used 2 Tablespoons and some lemon juice, and it was sufficient.
Have fun at the water park, and 'good luck' at your physical!!!
Yeah, Italian dressing and white pasta are a definite no-no on the BFC. Not everybody can do the BFC 100% and that's OK. You are trying to be healthy and that is very important.
ReplyDeleteAnd the blogs that we all share are SOOO important to all of us. We have all become friends with the same goals, and that is Great!
Have a Great day Today! :-)
You are beautiful Kay & I wouldnt think a thing of being in your bathing suit...you will look great!
ReplyDeleteCant wait to hear about your physical results! Please keep us posted!
Blessings!
Sherri
Hi Kay. Like your new photos. I never wear horizontal stripes, because I read somewhere in some fashion mag, that they make you look wider. I think you look great though. I agree with Rosalies's comment. Even when we don't do something 100%of the time,at least we are still trying to be healthier and that is important. And when we know better, we do better. Have fun at the water park!
ReplyDeleteKay you are so funny and informative! You look great and with your million dollar smile I didnt even notice the 'horizontal stripes :). I've used the almond flour several times and it's great! It's not as dense or high in fiber as coconut flour but it makes a super yummy crust for little berry tarts topped with whipped cream! Yum!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kay! I have been subbing out sparkling water for wine some of the time, so it's not as bad as all that, but I know that it would be healthier if I didn't drink at all. I don't feel bad at all for the advice - I think I probably wrote about it on purpose on some level, daring someone to comment on it. LOL I actually had planned on giving it up for just 30 days a few months ago, just to see if it would help with my weight loss and then backed out. Silly, I know, because I have no one to blame but myself for it. Maybe I'll start by limiting my to one glass for starters, or maybe I'll just try the 30 day thing again. I'll think on it. Again, thanks Kay! :)
ReplyDelete