Friday, August 5, 2011

142.6..so close to 23 lbs!!!

I started this journey on March 7th at 165.4. Today I weighed 142.6. It feels really, really good. I think the thing I am most excited about is that my lifestyle hasn't really changed that much. I just don't eat sugar and I don't ever have white bread in the house. I do have to say that after Zumba today I had to stop and get a prescription. I didn't eat enough before Zumba so I struggled a little with nausea. I thought maybe I would just get something at Walgreen's to hold me over until I got home. All I saw was sugar...tons of sugar! I used to buy the theatre size boxes of like milk duds, red hots, lemon drops, malt balls. The red hots I ate so often that my husband said "you are going to break a tooth", I poo pooed the idea and sure enough...I cracked my tooth and had to have a crown put on! Those were expensive red hots. I did not buy anything, just stuck with my cellulite lotion and my prescription. I don't know if the cellulite lotion works or not, but what the heck!
I spent the day at my friends pool again. We were in the water visiting for 3 hours. I have spent 9 hours in pool water since last Friday. I am brown and I love it. It makes me happy. It won't make me happy when I look old and wrinkled:( We leave for Hawaii in exactly 2 months:)
Food yesterday:
Breakfast: egg and little smokie burrito. Yummy.
Lunch: pasta salad and toasted sandwich thin..again!!!
Dinner: Believe it or not the ice maker is still not fixed. He was here until 8:00 PM so I ate when he left. I had a can of campbells chicken noodle soup that I added some leftover chicken to. It was quite tasty actually.
Dessert: 1/2 clemmy O
Today
Breakfast: Cheerios and UVAM. It was not enough to hold me through the work out. I should have had some protein too.
Lunch: Little smokie sandwich on a grilled sandwich thin with mustard and chili cheese fritos.
Dinner: Little smokie sandwich on a grilled sandwich thin with mustard and guess what....more pasta salad!!! It is gone, so I don't have to think about it anymore. I don't know if I said this in my last blog, but I only used 2 cups of dry bow tie pasta. It was eaten at the luncheon and then what I brought home. Even though I have eaten it several times, it couldn't be that much pasta per serving? Interesting.
No dessert tonight, I am tired and too lazy to get up and get something.
I will brag a little here...the pocket above my belly button of fat measured 39 inches when I started BFC, it is now 33. My waist was about 33 inches, it is now 30. My boobs are still big and low:(  Next I need to find a "big saggy boob" cure! I have finally started realizing how far I have come through the middle.
Thanks for the comments about my mom. Yes, it was probably difficult to care for my sister, but if you went to my mom's house you would never know a handicapped person lived there. Kristi walked with crutches and braces, now she is confined to a wheel chair. There was no special ramp, no special tub, no special anything. Rather than do those things, my mom played the poor victim with the heavy burden. That sounds harsh, but Kristi went from living in a bubble for 46 years to being in a nursing home. It is nice as far as nursing homes go, but it is still a nursing home. My mom is still the victim. The state would have given my mom many services to keep from paying the nursing home care:( Oh well, it is the way it is. I think from talking to other friends that the lack of "loving embraces" was not something that comes natural to that generation. It just isn't in my mom to feel loving, to hug or kiss me or my siblings. Maybe not caring is easier for her.
I have rambled on for no reason. Thanks to everyone for their kind comments.
Something else I just thought about! I did slim fast for breakfast for years...I had slim fast buddies from their website. I am still friends outside of slim fast with them. I am talking 10 years ago. One lives in Omaha, one in Southern Texas, and one in Florida. You do a lot of bonding when you are losing weight together:)
Blessings and happy scales!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kay. Good post today. I know what you mean about trying to pick something up when you are out. There is nothing but things filled with sugar. It's hard if you need a little something and don't have it with you. Are the liitle smokies the mini hot dogs from oscar meyer?

    I hear your frustration regarding your mom. That must be a hard situation for your sister. I hope that some positive things come out of the nursing home. Maybe she will get alittle more social contact. Those homes really do alot of things to keep the senses engaged. When my grandfather was in one, they had so many movie nights, sing alongs, social events and such.

    My mom is a very loving, huggy kind of person, but I think you are right about some women of that generation. My mother-in-law who is a very nice lady,just isn't affectionate. Hugging her is like hugging a board. My husband says he can't remember beng hugged and kissed as a child. Yet he is a wonderful, loving man and his mother is a very sweet person. I guess it is a generational thing.

    So I am envious of your 33 inch waist, and I can't wait to say the same. We are the same with the boobs though! Gravity happens when you have big ones! Take care and hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same pocket above my waist - haven't been tracking it very well though.. Wish I did, because my waist hasn't moved a ton. And my chest is so saggy it's not even funny. Problem is I am losng weight there, but the skin is not tightening up. Wish there was something in a bottle for that. Maybe I'll try my strivectin on that once I'm done with my belly..

    ReplyDelete