I am up about 1/2 lb. I can handle that since I have eaten so much lately. I have licked the sugar habit, but I have an issue with carbs! I do get right back on track though.
Yesterday I made the famous coconut flour bread. I added 2 tsp of heavy whipping cream, then I creamed butter, 1/8 cup Truvia, 2 tsp cinnamon into a paste, melted it and poured it over the top of the bread. I then swirled it around. It smelled amazing, the picture turned out good, but the bread was DRY, DRY, DRY!!! The top inch of bread tastes amazing! I'm not saying I didn't eat it, but you had to have water close by to wash down the crumbs. My grandson liked the top too. I admit I forgot the baking powder, but one more dry thing and I wouldn't have been able to eat it at all. Dawn suggested French Toast, which I could do, but I just slathered butter on it and warmed it in the microwave. I think I will try a blueberry muffin recipe with the flour that I found, if that doesn't turn out, I may give up!
Thanks to Katie I found some BFC friendly pecan sandies Joseph's cookies at the commissary. My daughter has her military I.D. so we went out today. I saved a lot of money on some simple things that I buy. I was very pleasantly surprised by some of the prices. The cookies were only 1.49 a bag. They are very dry too, so I think I will put them in a bag with a slice of bread and see if they soften up. I have also been asking if anyone had a cobbler recipe. I think the cookies would be really good crumbled up on some warm berries and some whipped cream. I will let you know!
I had a bad day yesterday, I was upset with my daughter, so I slept most of the day. When I came down to dinner at 7, I ate a pork loin sandwich and a biggy bag of Lay's potato chips. I think they are supposed to have like 2.5 servings. It is the same size bag that lasted me a week in the past! I was just feeling sorry for myself. I guess it could have been worse, I had homemade brownies in the house!
Today was a new day!!!
Yesterday food:(
Breakfast: 4 little piggie sausages with the carb smart tortilla.
Lunch: pork tenderloin and leftover gravy on sandwich thin
Dinner: pork loin and mayo sandwich, biggie bag of chips.
Dessert: 1/2 clemmy O *not one healthy thing:(
Today
Breakfast: 2 slices cinnamon bread with butter and 8 little smokies....(I know, gross!)
Lunch: at the Air Force base, pepperoni pizza and 3 mini breadsticks
Snack: Joseph's cookies. I only ate 2 of the 4 serving size. I'm not sure about the malitol, it hurts my tummy.
Dinner: 2 fried chicken wings with mashed potatoes/spinach and chicken gravy.
Dessert: Berries and cool whip.
I have lunch dates for tomorrow and Thursday. Tomorrow is Olive Garden again. Thursday I am trying a new Irish place with a friend. I will just eat as close to plan as I can!
My husband has a meeting with an attorney *finally* tomorrow afternoon to find out what he should do about his job. He is just really having a tough time. I really worry about him. He doesn't know how to sit, relax or do things 1/2 way. He is a really, really hard worker even when it makes his life tough. I hope he can get some answers. I want him sane in our retirement years!
Blessings and happy scales!!!
HI Kay. I'm not having much luck with the coconut bread. First I made it with the olive oil. That wasn't so good. Then I made it with the butter, but doubled the butter by mistake. It was moist, but 2 sticks of butter??? That was a stupid mistake. That's what happens when you rush! I may try it one more time. Don't worry about your slip ups. Just keep on going!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you made it out to the commissary, it is worth going especially when you have extra people living with you. I think the joseph's cookies are a little dry too but oh well. :)
ReplyDeleteI'll bet that coconut bread would taste good as French toast, if you try it that way let us know! I think the bread is a bit dry, but I've been eating it with a bit of peanut butter on top and it does keep me filled up for awhile! Sorry about being upset with your daughter, I sure know how that can go! I love Olive Garden!
ReplyDeleteGood morning Kay! I also usually eat my coconut bread with peanut butter and a bit of sugar free jam. The jam is the clincher I think. That cinnamon swirl looks yummy though!!! wow! I think you should wait on the bread until I make my next batch with applesauce. My muffins had some water and applesauce and they were pretty moist. I have them in the freezer right now. Maybe I'll pull one out for lunch today and so I can remember accurately.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you are stressed about your daughter. The others are right, though, your slip ups could be worse. just move on and the weight will come right back off!!
Yeah when I made the regular or the cinnamon it tasted real good with a bit of butter and some natures hollow sugar free preserves on top. Try that.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day :-)
ITs alright Kay...we all have those days! I have a 15 yr old daughter who gives me a run for my money DAILY! There is NOTHING easy about raising girls & my daughter makes me cry ALOT! She says mean things to me & is very disrespectful. I dont get it...I would have NEVER spoken to my mom like that or I would have gotten soap in my mouth or a smack on the face. Anyways, pickup, dust off & back on the wagon we all go!! Like I said to Katie, I fell off the wagon today too so I am driving the wagon....hop on my friend!! Theres lots of room!
ReplyDeleteHugs to you!!
Sherri