Thursday, August 11, 2011

141.6 :)

New toes:)
I'll take it! The weight is hovering again, but it is hovering under 142 so that is a good thing! I am soooo close to being down 24 total lbs. I was saying on someone's blog that I haven't lost a huge amount of weight in a short amount of time. It has taken me 5 months to lose 24 lbs. That's only about 5 lbs a month. That wouldn't make anyone looking for a quick fix to want to jump in, but I can do this for the rest of my life!
The picture is my new toes. They have a black line with silver glitter. It is a nice change from my usual flower. I am sitting in my  recliner which explains the pictures in the background. If you recognize the artist as Thomas Kinkade, cool! I sold his art for 11 years. Anyone want to buy them??? Kidding:) Kind of!
I am so excited for my new discovery today! I had the BEST dinner. I have been having pork cutlets with pork gravy over green beans and the green beans are no longer a favorite:( Tonight I had the inspiration to put spinach in mashed potatoes to make them healthier and go further. The spinach basically wilted into the potato and didn't really have any flavor, so it was amazing! Using calculations from the gravy packet and the potato packet, I would have used 3 carbs,  so I was over for the meal, but my breakfast was only 1 carb so I am  at 6 for the day. I had a lot of potatoes and spinach so I definitely could have eaten less and saved a carb. I added at least 2 cups of spinach to the potatoes. It was filling and healthy! If I used a real potato it would have been better, but I don't have real potatoes because if I did, I would eat them all the time!
I have 2 weeks before we go to Missoula MT to go shopping for Hawaii clothes. There is no sales tax in MT and we have 8.7 % in WA. I feel like I am getting 10% off on everything I buy there. I agree with Sherri that I should buy clothes that fit so I don't feel like a sausage! I have done that before and end up wearing the comfortable clothes every day. We have never stayed 12 days before and since I was a lot bigger last year, I have very few things to take. I'm excited!!!
Breakfast: Breakfast burrito with little smokies and low carb/high fiber tortilla.
Lunch: Grilled sand thin with pepperoni and ham. 5 chips and 5 chili cheese frito's.
Dinner: Pork cutlet with mashed potato/spinach and pork gravy.
Dessert: Fresh raspberries with cool whip.
Today was a good day:)
Blessings and happy scales!


8 comments:

  1. You're turning into a chef Kay!! I feel a brand new recipe coming out of you real soon! Love the toes. I'm just a plain girl. Always do my nails and my toes in one of the Essie pale pink shades. Ador-a-ball is the current favorite. Regarding those chocolate clusters, I don't think they would harden up if you put too much ceaam in them. Maybe a touch would be okay, but not sure. They are really good they way they are, especially if you put them in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spinach goes well with lots of stuff, putting them into the mashed potatoes was a good idea. You know I LOVE the toes too. I do mine different every week. This week my toes and fingers are black. I have never done black before. I like it.
    The tax just got lowered here to 7.25% yeah, come over here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay,I love the toes! You should make a video of your recipe with the mashed potatoes and spinach and send it over to Rosalie so she can put it on her blog, I'd love to see it! Way to go on the 24 lbs. lost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toes= Cute cute cute! Im not a fan of spinach sorry to say. I can choke down a spinach salad from time to time but gotta slather it in dressing. I work with a girl who eats raw spinach out of a baggie every single day and she eats vegetable soup every single day!!! I could NEVER eat the same thing day after day.
    We havea 6% sales tax here in PA. come on over & we will hit the outlet mall!! I LOVE CHICOS & they are building one in our mall which is 5 minutes away from my house!! I am telling my hubby I want gift cards to Chicos for a new wardrobe for christmas! :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not that big a fan of spinach either. It's ok if its in something. Today I put some in my egg and bacon breakfast burrito thing and it was fine because I couldn't really taste it. Started yesterday really tracking my foods, thanks for your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the toes and makes me want to go out and do something fancy to mine. I like the idea with the spinach. I have been thinking about new ways to get more veggies in my diet. We have no sales tax in Oregon which is great. Hope you have a wonderful time in Hawaii I hope to be able to go there some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the toes! Every now and again I buy spinach because it's so good for me, but I have to force myself to eat it. It's not too bad in salad with chicken and strawberries and stuff. I need to try what you guys are doing and put it inside stuff where I can't taste it. I can't believe that vacation is coming up so soon!

    I love Thomas Kinkade- we have one - streams of living water - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute toes!! Next time I will have to ask my nail girl to do something like that :)

    ReplyDelete