Saturday, July 30, 2011

143 again!!! Woot!!!Zu

Zumba, Zumba:)
Good morning:) I am being lazy instead of getting ready to go away for the weekend. These are my cute new Zumba shoes. They are actually Nike Free Runs, but the bottom is flat enough they will work. My real zumba shoes were dorky. I am sure that  these shoes are the answer to me looking remotely like the instructor! NOT:)
I had a wonderful day with my friend at her neighborhood pool yesterday. My legs look really tan, which they are! I know it is bad for you, but it is my vice, and I love having tan skin. We all have things we can't live without! Sunshine is mine and I live in the Pacific Northwest????????????
My hubby and I went shopping so I would have a dress to wear to the wedding this weekend. I ended up with the same dress that I had bought a several weeks ago and took back because I felt guilty. It was on sale now so I actually saved about 30.00. That was cool. Then we used an Entertainment book coupon on the shoes that was worth 15.00 and then I bought some jewelry at Penny's using their 10.00 off coupon. I sent my husband to find a salesclerk to beg for a coupon. She found one in the garbage and gave to him. I am never prepared with a coupon unless I am at Macy's. We went to the food court at the mall because my husband LOVES Ivar's chowder. I made the same mistake I always do and got general chicken, almond chicken, and chow mein. I do this every time and it is always gross. Maybe that is the idea? I don't eat very much of it and throw it away. My husband said, "You didn't even eat any of it" when I tossed it in the garbage. I had eaten enough...."not worth the calories"! The sugar in the general chicken did make my tummy queasy enough that I didn't eat dessert when we got home.
So this morning I decided to give the nasty tortilla another try. I sliced up little smokies and then scrambled them with eggs. I then put some salsa on the tortilla and microwaved it to soften and warm. It made a good breakfast burrito. Maybe the salsa is the key to making the tortilla palatable? I know I love the effects of the fiber they have.
We are going to a wedding that is about 4 hours from here so we are spending the weekend there. Tomorrow we are going to Leavenworth which has a bakery or candy store on every corner. It will be fun, I may just break my no treat rule, I have to eventually. I worry that my tummy will be sick all the way home. I do know that I am introducing fruit sugar into my system before we go to Hawaii. I LOVE fresh pineapple and I can't imagine not eating that there.
Blessings and happy scales...Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend:)

4 comments:

  1. Fun Shoes Kay! I love having cute shoes to work out in - it makes exercise fun! I think salsa makes everything better... and what a bargain shopper you are! Great job!! Enjoy the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome Kay that you got your wedding gear on sale!!! And your new zumba shoes are super cute.

    I love Leavenworth and I hope you have a great time. If you want to have things that are not belly friendly choose what you really want share with hubby and just have a couple of bites. Since you haven't eaten that kind of stuff in a long time a couple of bites will satisfy. Try not to stress and have a wonderful weekend away!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say- I have not melted the endangered species choc with peanuts, but have covered almonds with it. It does turn out well! I am usually lazy these days when it comes to chocolate, I've been just eating them together. But I'm going to melt again. Love chocolate peanut butter cups- that will be next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, I love love love your shoes. What a great way to motivate yourself! FYI, you can get the coupons from Penny's sent directly to your phone via text. This works good for me because I always forget my coupons. I hope you had a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete