Saturday, July 16, 2011

144.2:) Down 21.2


I had a wonderful day yesterday with my lifetime friends. We were 12 years old when we met and since we are all now officially 54, that was a long, long, long time ago! My friends second home is on the river about 45 minutes from our homes. It was a beautiful day. Summer has come pretty late to our area so I think we saw 3 boats go by all day. The water was FREEZING cold still. I think it would have caused heart failure to jump in.
I was really good with my food and it showed on the scale this morning. It seems like the scale is moving really slowly, but I haven't done Zumba for 2 weeks and I really haven't missed out on any meals! It was a birthday celebration so my friend had made 2 different kinds of cupcakes and another friend brought yogurt. I did not eat any of them. I did eat some 4 cherries that were to die for. The hostess had a pasta, chicken, spinach salad that was quite tasty. I wasn't feeling deprived at all. In fact I was rewarded by a comment about my will power. My one friend that I was always competitive with (you know the one you fight with all the time and then kiss and make up) is a certified sports nutritionist. We had a lengthy conversation about what I was doing and eating. She agrees with the whole idea about sugar being bad, but not all sugars. She said the sugar in fruit and the sugar in milk were good sugars and I shouldn't count them in my daily sugar counts. She also said the amount of fruit I am eating a day is probably not enough to get in my Vitamin A and C. I don't take a multi-vitamin...I know dumb, I take fish oil, magnesium and Vitamin D, but not a muli? She also said that now that I have gotten rid of most of my belly fat, which she agrees limiting the sugar definitely works for, to rid myself of the rest of the weight, I will probably have to cut back on my calories too. I know she is probably right about the calories. I respect her opinion and since she is nationally certified as a sports/marathon trainer and has a masters in nutrition, she probably knows what she is talking about. Do I want to cut back on my calories? I will think that through. We do TOTALLY agree that whatever we do to lose the weight has to be something we can live with for the rest of our lives. Many of the current diets, HGC, Dukan, eat for your blood type, etc....are more restrictive and would be hard to incorporate into your average daily life. I know that I have come so far in this journey, but I see the pics of myself from yesterday and I just see the big girl from Christmas. My bust measurement hasn't really changed a lot so it seems I am just big in my upper body:( Ugh.
Yesterday was my 11th anniversary and I didn't even get home about 8:00PM. I have a very sweet husband. Today is dinner day and we are probably just going to The Olive Garden. I am not really into fancy places.
He has been outside mowing the yard while I have been laying out in the sun and playing on the computer. I am a bad girl!
Yesterday's food:
Breakfast: sandwich thin with PB and jelly on 1/2 and butter and jelly on 1/2
Lunch: taco dorito's, spinach pasta salad, and about 12 little smokies minus the crescent roll.
Dinner: Bacon mayo and sandwich thin
Dessert: cool whip and 2 squares of dark chocolate. It really is growing on me!!!
Blessings and happy scales!

4 comments:

  1. I talk regularly with my girl at Curves and she also says that the sugar in fruit and milk doesn't count. LOL. I think once I get to my goal weight I will add a little back in at a time until I find a happy equilibrium. I hadn't thought about vitamin A - who thinks about vitamin A? Now I am going to have to go look it up and see where I am - I track my meals online, so I have all that info.

    I tend to agree that once you get to a certain point, you have to look at calories, at least a little bit. It depends on how far into your body's healthy weight range you are, I think. I lost weight pretty easily until I got into a healthy weight, and now I have to watch a little more closely.

    I am glad you are enjoying the chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that house looks so beautiful. Sorry the water and weather was cold.
    I don't miss the milk cause of the unsweetened almond breeze, but I do miss more fruit. I am not ready to add more just yet. But I think I willin the future.
    You are doing really great.
    Have a good weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how people want to tell you that milk sugar and fruit sugar is ok and doesn't count towards our daily sugar intake...if that were true I think there would be a lot less large people running around. Natural sugar is better than processed, but it's still sugar.

    Your friends river place is beautiful, summer did come late and I hope there is a nice hot streak to make up for it and a nice fall. Have a great day and happy anniversarry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I've also heard that the sugars in fruit and milk don't count as much as other sugars. I miss both of those things! My favorite thing in summer is fresh watermelon. Since I'm still losing I don't want to add those in yet, but I hope to one day eat watermelon again! That lake house is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete