I was up a pound today. It was kind of a bummer, but I shouldn't be too surprised since I have eaten out so much lately. Yesterday was Mexican food with my daughter for her birthday. I knew I had eaten more carbs than I probably should have so I didn't have any for dinner. I guess it just takes time, like it took time to gain!
Yesterday food:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 3 bacon, sandwich thin
Lunch: chips and salsa(bad girl) shredded beef burrito insides and a little bit of rice.
Dinner: 6 hot wings and celery and greens salad with ranch.
Dessert: Berries and cool whip
Today
Breakfast: Cheerios and almond milk
ZUMBA:)
Lunch: Birthday lunch with my little sister (at the nursing home....yuck!) My daughter made a whole wheat penne pasta baked with red sauce. It was so good! It was my first time eating whole wheat pasta and I could not tell at all. I ate too much, but I NEED the fiber!!! 1/4 piece of french bread. It tasted heavenly. I did not eat a cup cake!
Dinner: One of my favorites yet....pork cutlet, green beans, pork gravy mix over all of it. It tasted sooooo good! The gravy mix is like 16 carbs for the entire package. It shows<1 sugar per serving, so that is harder to calculate.
Dessert: Berries and cool whip.
It is a good thing that I am a boring eater! I felt so svelte today until I took pictures of myself. It was a good wake up call that looking OK was not what I wanted when I started this journey. I have gone 9+ weeks without sweets so that I could look great! I still have a good 15 lbs to lose. I could be at my goal in 2 months. That is exciting. Being able to wear shorts in public before the summer was over? Wow! I do notice that this is helping my cellulite in my legs. Genetics weren't kind to me. Even when I worked out 5 days a week it was a problem. I think the sugar/insulin was a factor in storing fat.
My problem this week is still getting flushed out. I take physillium capsules and I am eating way better than I used to, but it is a slow process:( I was reading Rosie's blog about the time she was at 10 weeks and she was having the same issues. I guess misery loves company!
I can do this, halfway is not good enough...don't stop now....
My best advice to myself....QUIT EATING OUT ALL THE TIME!!!! I need to stay home more!
You could be retaining water from the mexican food, and be careful of red sauce lots of sugar. Kudos on not eating a cupcake, lots of sugar for sure. I do love cupcakes they are so flippin cute. You are doing awesome, eating out is a fun part of life...but eating at home is a better way to know how much sugar you are getting. Keep up the good work :)
ReplyDeleteHi Kay, yeah the red sauce probably had way too much sugar. But the chips and salsa was not bad - just have like 12 chips that's all, but the rice is a nono.
ReplyDeleteI do agree that it is much easier to eat at home. I'm glad you read back on my blog. That's why I started it, to be accountable and to help others. I remember thinking - I could never do this forever!!! But now - I know to stay looking like I do - its a must.
Have a great day :-)