What do you think of this Strawberry jam recipe? I know it has the diet soda, but very little artificial sweetener would be in the whole batch?
BlessFresh Strawberry Jam (No Added Sugar)
Makes 1 3/4 cups
3/4 cup diet lemon-lime soda
1 package (3 ounces) sugar-free strawberry flavored gelatin
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cup mashed fresh or unsweetened frozen strawberries
In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin
until dissolved. Stir in lemon juice and strawberries. Pour into jars
or plastic containers. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Do not
freeze.
Oh for gosh sakes....I can't make this look right and I don't care!!!!
I know we aren't supposed to have artificial sugars, but this looks like it would be way less expensive than the Nature's Hollow.OK. I am up .3 lbs. 152 and holding for 2 days in a row. I guess I can live with that. A good thing that I did was buy some organic spring greens, and I have eaten them for 2 days in a row. I was concerned about my energy level at Zumba, so I am trying something that everyone else seems to do. I don't like it, but I am doing it!Breakfast: 2 eggs, 3 bacon, sandwich thinLunch: grilled sandwich thin with pepperoni, ham, moz. Salad greens with ranch.Dinner: leftover fish, left over hot wings, salad greens and ranch. toasted sandwich thin for good measure. Dessert: 1/2 small banana. I am burning out on berries. I know banana's have a lot of sugar,but I need the fruit and I think it is still within my 15 sugar. Tomorrow I have a pizza luncheon and Olive Garden for dinner. Wish me luck!!! Then I am done, done, done (for awhile) with social eating!!!Still no sweets since March 07th. Woot!!!
What if you used lemon-lime soda with stevia...it's worth a try. Good job trying to get more veggies in. Something that works for me is making hearthy salads with lots of yummy things that way it's not like you are eating plain salad with dressing. I've done this for a long time but now I look back I used to make high sugar salads...but my lower sugar ones are just as tasty and hit the spot.
ReplyDeleteHave you ever tried swiss, or rainbow chard? It's something hubby and I tried together and it is one of our fav dark veggies. I take the stems off and cut them up small, I sautee them with some olive oil or butter and garlic, then I add chicken stock and simmer until tender. then I add the torn up chard and sautee until wilted which doesn't take long. I really like it with a little acid on top like lemon juice or red wine vin.