We went to Missoula MT again for a quick shopping trip. My hubby wanted to get some things for himself this time so he actually found some great deals. I am happy when he spends money on himself and not just on me. He doesn't do that very often, unless it is the millions of little cars in his office. I still have to sneak a picture of them someday so I can share his obsession! I got a little bummed after trying to find some shoes that I wanted and they were sold out everywhere there. I guess they come in and go out in the same day. Since I didn't get my shoes, I guess you could say I was pouting:( Then when I bought my Clinique the gal told me if I get the bigger size of my serum that I would get 10.00 back on my credit card. She did not say that if I spent 33.00 more that I would get another 10.00 back. I am not the kind to return something and put the salesperson through the whole return/ exchange thing (working in retail makes you have sympathy) so I just fumed. I was also going to get fitted for a new bra and I walked by the department still steaming at myself for being a wimp and decided I didn't feel like dealing with it. While we were driving away from the mall, I was complaining to my husband and he drove all the way back and sent me back into the store to get fitted for my bra and get more Clinique. I am so THANKFUL that he did. My official bra size....34 DD! Ugh!!! But she fit me with the most amazing bra that does not show back fat and was so comfortable. I did not have to pull my bra band away from myself once all day today. I actually got 2 new bra's. I don't think I have had 2 new bra's, that were nice bra's, in all of my adult life. Seriously, I bought a LeMystere one time after Oprah raved about them, but only 1. I just wore it to death. It's funny the things we will spend money on. By getting some new foundation and a couple of lip glosses I got the additional 10.00 off from Clinique. I actually ended up with 2 gift with purchases since the gal was so nice. I'm set! Probably one of my favorite things I got is a Nalgene bottle that says "Life is good". I don't know if you are familiar with that brand, but it is cheerful and "life is good!"
OK, so here's the food! Are you ready???
Sunday morning: Sausage mcmuffin minus cheese and eggs. I threw the top 1/2 away and ate the sausage, as I got closer to the end, I took the sausage and ate it and threw the muffin away. Again this is a huge change for me. I always got the sausage biscuit meal with orange juice...can you say....sugar and carbs?
Snack: pepperoni stick and salted peanuts
Linner: HUGE salad with thousand island and ranch dressing. Yes I know there is sugar in the TI, but it is homemade at the restaurant and to die for. Baked potato soup with extra bacon and 1/2 french dip. I took 1/2 the bun off and then ate 1/2 of the 1/2. I just ate the prime rib for the most part. I also ate a scone with honey butter:( Again, what I used to eat, and what I eat now....HUGE difference. The hotel also had giant oatmeal raisin cookies and I did not have one single bite!
Monday breakfast: a few potatoes, tons of bacon, ham omelet, and 4 delicious, glorious, bites of coffee cake. Honestly...I tried to make my coconut bread taste like coffee cake so I had been dying for some. Eating 4 bites and handing it to my hubby was huge for me. HUGE! I did not have the endless glasses of orange juice that I would have had in the past. Progress.
Lunch: Garlic cheese breadsticks with ranch dressing...bad girl, but we get them every time we are there. One carb I am not willing to give up.
Dinner: Cracker Barrel friend pork chops. A bit of Heaven on earth. They only offer them on Monday's so I vow to only go to Missoula on a Monday overnight from now on. I ate a few french fries with them, and gave the cinnamon apples to my hubby. He ate pancakes with 3 bottles of syrup. He may have to start watching his sugar now that he is not working. Those oatmeal raisin cookies I didn't eat? He ate 3!!!
Again by sharing what I ate, I hope I am offering encouragement. Do I think I could eat this way for days on end and not gain weight? No, but for a couple of days...yes:) I was up less than 1 lb and I am hoping it will be gone in the morning. I jumped right back into being good today! Woot!!!
Breakfast: 2 sausage patties on sandwich thin
Lunch: PB and Nature's Hollow on sandwich thin and 4 chips
Dinner: Steak and spinach salad with ranch and a few crushed chili cheese frito's.
No dessert or snacks today.
I feel happy again, I don't know why I go through my bummer times....if I knew I would be a millionaire.
Blessings and Happy Scales!!!
And I LOVE all of your blogs, I get so excited to read them and see what is going on. I feel like we are buddies who just live in different towns!
HI Kay it sounds like you had a good time shopping. And yes we ARE all buddies. I feel that way too. You know your hubby probably won't listen to you about the sugar. Mine just does what he wants. They don't listen.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day :-)
Hi Kay,
ReplyDeleteYour shopping trips always sound like so much fun! I am curious as to why you don't eat the cheese or the egg on your sausage McMuffin? Thanks for sharing!
Laura, I know this is weird, but I don't really like cheese unless it is melted in or on something like pizza or lasagna. I have never eaten a cheeseburger! I think it might have saved me some calories over the years. I don't get the egg because I eat them at home too much and I love the sausage alone. They are spendy little things for a piece of sausage and an english muffin. The sausage biscuit for .99 is a much better value:)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you had a nice time in Montanna, last time I was there I got some new bras too after my Mom told me I needed some new ones. I agree it is funny the things we will spend money on or the things we put off spending money on. I like how you post what you eat out, hubby and I had Mexican last night and I thought to myself if Kay can keep eating Mexican out so can I :) You are very encouraging and I enjoy hearing your perspective on things. Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteHey there Frito Bandito!! (lol)
ReplyDeleteI think its great that your hubby will even go shopping with you. All mine does the whole time is complain & ask when we are going home. He is a drag to take shopping so I usually always leave him at home. I love to shop by myself because then I dont feel rushed & can browse. Good for you for getting a great new bra! I love it when "the girls" are seated properly in a good foundation. I think it makes you look slimmer. I do love Victorias Secret bras because they are kinda vampy & make me feel pretty undeneath it all, but I do have a few Vanity Fair ones that fit like a glove & smooth out the back fat. I have always had an issue with that damn back fat & since I have been losing, I have noticed a HUGE difference in the back fat area. I still have some but now Im down to just a little roll. I cant imagine you and your little 134# self can possibly have any back fat to smooth out.
I have to tell you, I never thought of adding chili cheese fritos to a salad....is sounds fab! Gonna have to buy me a bag of those Fritos on Fri & try it. I am a little scared to have fritos in the house. They call to me from the cupboard. We have a love hate relationship. lol.
Have a great night! Thanks for a great post and for your comment on my blog post.
I do believe that if we all lived in the same town, without a doubt, we would all be the best of friends! But we can be the best "cyber friends". :)
Sounds like you had a great time shopping! You and your husband seem so good together! I would love to be fitted at a Bra shop! I still playing guess your best at the nearest department store. I have to try one on then put on a shirt to see how I look and then start all over with the next one. What a pain! I always love reading your blog!
ReplyDeleteThose crushed fritos on a salad sound awesome, but I'm afraid they'd be like crack to me & I'd end up with half salad, half fritos (LOL). I love Clinique, but since I've been a stay at home mom I ususally just use the drugstore stuff. I really need something to combat shine & used to use this stuff from Clinique, I think that was awesome at that. Do you use something like that? I think your doing great progress, not perfection right. I don't think there's any such thing as perfection, not when we're in it for the long haul. take care.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time shopping and glad you got some new bras that fit well. I have never been fitted for one and am sure I should. Most women never seem to wear the right sizes you can tell by just looking. I see you ate at cracker barrel yum yum I ate there for the first time a couple of months ago when we were in Missouri. I am so tempted to drive to Idaho just so I can eat there again.
ReplyDelete