| So, so happy:) |
I have had diet soda every day this week. I have had Arby's, Fat Daddy's pizza, Pizza Hut pizza and wings, French Dip at a Deli yesterday and KFC for dinner last night. How could I possibly have lost weight with all of those bad places??? Isn't diet soda bad for you??? On that I will say that I never buy it or drink it at home. When I am out to dinner or lunch and they don't have fresh brewed ice tea, I drink diet soda. It would save money not to have soda and to have water, but it's a treat. I do think that it is part of the reason that I have been physically hungry every night when I go to bed. I think it has the effect on me.
On the food. I know that all of the places are not the best decisions, but here is what I do.
Arby's....I had a medium Roast beef. I took off the top bun and I only used 1 packet of Arby's sauce. According to my tap and track it had 2 sugars. I ate about 5 curly fries. I don't eat all of the bottom bun either.
Lunch with friends for pizza. I get a individual pizza and pile all of the toppings (pepperoni and canadian bacon) on 2 crusts. It is very filling.
Pizza Hut...my daughter and I got a large thin crust, I had 1 crust and 2 crusts worth of toppings (bacon, canadian bacon, pepperoni). We had the boneless buffalo wings. I ate 2.
French dip at the Deli. I ate 1/2, took the top crust off, which would mean a 1/4 of the roll and ate the meat. I did eat a few potato chips too.
Dinner at KFC. I got mashed potatoes and gravy which Jorge says we can have. I eat mostly the gravy when I dip my chicken in it. I had a wing and a breast of original chicken. Again, Jorge says we can. I really believe with all of me, that the reason I can eat out at these places and still do OK with the scale is because I am eating what I like!!! I am satisfied with less food/calories because it is the food I wanted in the first place. I didn't order something just to feel like I was being good on the BFC and then not enjoy it, but eat all of it because I could. I feel that eating my favorite things in small portions is why this has been relatively painless for me. I am not saying this would work for everyone, and I am not saying that it does not waste money, and I am not saying that it is easy to see your favorite food still sitting there and not in your tummy....but I got to eat what I love.
I really believe that I can do this forever because I have really, really limited my sugar, I make way better choices in my carbs, and I love the food that is going into my mouth. It is not a "waste of calories" as my husband and I used to joke.
Now when I get back from vacation, I can't promise that I will have only eaten a little bit of my favorites. It will probably be the last time that we go there, so I plan to absorb every little thing I can.
I feel better mentally since I have been back on the fish oil and flax oil, I don't know if it was that or hormones!
Let me know what you think of what I said. I want to know if it is encouraging information or discouraging information? It seems that the blog posts are getting fewer and farther apart. I really enjoy reading what people are thinking and their food ideas. I don't want us to fall off the wagon. I want to offer hope not discouragement.
On the other good news front, I went to the new Zumba instructor this morning and I loved her class. She was really fast and I was challenged aerobically. It was great!!! Yay!!! I thought things would never be the same after I lost my favorite gal. Life moves on as usual, going with the flow:)
Hi Kay! As one of the ones who is far from perfect, I say yay for you. You found a way to make things work in your world. I agree the sugar is horrible, and since I'm off it for the most part, I don't have these uncontrollable urges for cookies and stuff like that. The carbs I have trouble with, and I have to confess it's usually all or nothing, and more often all. Last night we went out for Thai food and it came with white rice. They don't have brown there, well I took one bite, then another, then so on and so on. And then it was gone. If I did it the Kay way ( I think I'll blog about that next!!!) I would have had half of it, enjoyed it and been all the better for it. Sometimes I feel alittle silly even blogging about myself. I'm losing slow, I don't always eat the right thing and I drink too much wine. But you are right that I have to come up with the winning combination. You have, and I am so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure why you have lost weight and ate like that either. You are lucky, and you zumba and exercise too.
ReplyDeleteIn 1 video (I think) Jorge explains why artificial sweeteners are bad for us. It makes you tummy fatter and makes you crave bad stuff like sweets more. You know I am not that technical, but its something like that.
The only way I was able to lose the 88lbs that I did is by giving up a lot like all the stuff you mentioned.
I hope you have a great weekend :-)
That is the reasons that Jorge says not to drink diet soda. It does make you crave sugar and I am sure it slows weight loss. I think for me it makes me hungry when I go to bed at night. It is not something I refuse to give up, in fact I didn't miss it at all in the beginning. I would save lots of money not drinking it. I was just confessing:) You know, confession is good for the soul:) I still think artificial sweeteners are bad so I am not going to make this a habit! I promise myself!
ReplyDeleteWow Kay - you are really doing super! I think that we all have to do what works the best for us, and this works for you, obviously! Personally, I really do think that every body is different, and we all need to find that right balance. I know that if I ate the food you eat I would retain water from all the sodium. But not you! It's funny, isn't it? I am so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteOh, and no, I do not think that I could be a vegetarian whilst feeding this mass of people in my house. That would drive me crazy. I would go insane!
ReplyDeleteAs far as the weight loss goes, I am pretty well stuck here at 135. I see 133 every now and again, but I'm not seeing any real progress. The problem is that if I gain any weight right now it all goes right to my belly and people start to ask if I'm expecting. ! So I need to just get a little bit more fat off my tummy to that doesn't happen. Don't worry, I wont waste away. :)
Kay, first of all that is awesome that you keep going down on the scale!! What ever anyone thinks, what you are doing is certainly working for you. I also think your Zumba helps you a lot too! (I wish I could fall in love with exercise the way you have! I really do!) Your idea of eating less because you are eating a little of what you like seems to be working for you really well. Honestly though, that would not work for me. Eating my favorite foods was what got me into trouble in the first place. For me its all about changing my favorite foods into something better for me, that I will still like. I can't have just one bite of a fresh baked roll or just one homemade chocolate chip cookie, I would want more, more, more! For me it's better to find a healthy substitute that I can grow to love!
ReplyDeleteBy the way I also love reading everyone's food ideas and opinions and I hope you and everyone else will keep putting them out there!
I am a firm believer in eating things that you enjoy and if you are losing weight still, its all good! It doesnt sound like you are throwing everything to the wind when you eat out so perhaps that is why you are still in check with your weight loss. I applaud you for your confession. I too have to confess that am back on "the sauce" (diet soda) but I only have one a day & I drink water the rest of the day. I agree, there is nothing good in it for you but I do love my neon green diet mountain dew. I know, I know....
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Sherri
Hi Kay, yea for you! I love your modifications made while eating out. you know that's probably what thin people do normally...that is make modifications that work for them...good for you. I know when I eat something with more sodium I consciously try to drink more water. Just wondering if you did that. I think water helps a lot with weight loss cause don't you have to pee or sweat out fat. My only caution would be to stay away from aspartame. It can cause horrific problems in the body. We're getting ready to go on vacation too. I've already decided what "cheats" I'm gonna allow & how to get some extra movement in. My favorite dessert is there...banana pudding ice cream & I'm gonna have 1 scoop & not feel guilty a bit. Good luck. I know you'll be successful.
ReplyDeleteOh, & I'd be so happy to see 138! Good for you.
ReplyDeleteKay, I beleive you have to eat what you enjoy and do it in moderation and hey you are doing Zumba to help burn off any extra calories. I have never been a big diet soda drinker but I love my coffee and use to use the SF vanilla but I dont do that anymore just because of the artifical sweetner. But I have used splenda every once in awhile. There again I dont feel it is all that bad if it is only on occasions.
ReplyDeleteI personally think diet soda is terrible, all that fake nasty stuff is terrible for your body in the long term, even if it helps you to get to where you want to be weight wise.
ReplyDeleteI also think smaller portions of the food you love is a good realisitc plan and I am happy that you have been able to make it work for you. I think something to consider is that all that fast food is full of bad fat, sodium and food additives and preservatives, I would caution you to not eat too much of it.
I hope you know that I say all of this out of love. I just want you to be healthy not just skinny and hot. Have a wonderful day and congrats on reaching 138 :)