My daughter had a friend stay here for about 5 days, when she left she told my daughter that I was random. Yep, thoughts run through my head and out my mouth:) Good, bad, whatever, you never really wonder what I am thinking!
About Zumba. I will definitely say having the DVD set helped me in the beginning. I at least knew what muscles I was supposed to be working. It is a lot of controlled rotations and I am glad I have my background in how the body works. The instructors don't ever tell you what part of your body you should be working, or really how to do it. It is a catch on when you can kind of thing. The good news is that there are tons of videos on you tube of how to do certain moves. Whenever your body is just flapping around there isn't a lot of benefit. Controlled movement, that's what it's about. For some folk, it is truly just about moving for an hour.
OK, so yesterday morning I weighed 140.8. Not my lowest, but good! Well, we went to Mexican food and my weight today was 141.8. So today we went for hot wings and my ultimate pepperoni pizza from Boston's. I can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow. It is like I get so close to the 139 and I sabotage myself....over and over again! I think I have weighed about the same for a very long time. On an earlier post I said I was OK with that, this might be a good weight for me, but I know I could try a little harder and make some better choices. After dinner yesterday we went to FroYo again. They had a limeade strawberry sorbet that was just dripping in sugar. I had a about a tablespoon mixed in with my sugar free raspberry. When I say I just get a little I really do. For my husband having yogurt w/hot fudge and mine it was only 3.16. It's weighed, so that tells you my portion is pretty darn small. Our tradition when leaving Boston's was always to go to Krispy Kreme and get a Maple bar. Today was the first time that I have thought about doing that in almost 6 months. Weird:( It was probably that dang sorbet!
We haven't eaten lunch the last 2 days, just breakfast and then Linner. I hope that helps on the scale in the morning.
So I just want to share my thoughts about the BFC, of course repeating myself! I really think that our bodies have to really believe that we are going to eat 5/2 per meal for this to work. We can't just do it for a couple of days and expect our bodies to respond. We have to try and do it many days in a row, and then our body will efficiently get rid of any extra's. It is said that it takes 21 days to form a habit. I think our bodies need to believe we are really changing to change. Does that make sense? I think as we progress months into this, we can cheat here and there, eat a little more of something that we shouldn't, but in the beginning....it has to be an all in. I see frustration on some posts on facebook, but I wonder if they ever really did the first 2 weeks? Just thinking out loud and probably being judgemental. I don't mean to sound that way. I just know for me, it works in a big way. I can eat a lot of bad things and I have been able to rid myself of a whole lot of belly fat. It will actually be my 6 month anniversary on the 7th. I would really like to be at a full 25 lbs by then. Even at 24, it will still be a lb a week. That's OK, I guess! NOT OK, but OK, but I wish it were more, but OK...this is what I do all day....yes/no/yes/no/yes/no!!!
Oh, Kay, you are so funny!! I do think that a lot of people don't give the 'diet' a chance. It's got to be a mental mindset, that too much sugar is actually bad for you. And I think it takes a little while for the body to flush out the extra sugar and figure out it's not going to get more again. I can picture going back to 'full sugar' again - ugh! Congrats on 7 months in! woo hoo! You will have lost more than me. But that's ok. :) I need to get moving if I really want to lose any more. I hear you on the yes/no/yes/no. I am doing that to myself all the time too!
ReplyDeleteHI Kay, You know my weight goes between 1 & 1/2 lbs up and down all the time. Its part of being a woman. And also maybe what you eat and if you go #2 enough. TMI for some -but that is such a big part of this BFC right?
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about it so much, maybe you are where you are supposed to be.
Have a great day :-)
It's hard to be all in when sugar is everywhere and in prouducts that it really has no place in. I've had a hard time lately feeling that I am missing out by not eating the sugary stuff and white carbs...but if I have a little cheat my body lets me know that it doesn't like the sugary bad stuff. Good job on avoiding krispy cream, I can only imagine that their products have a weeks worth of sugar in one item.
ReplyDeleteHI Kay. I'm back from the shore and checking in with you all. You are doing great. Don't sweat the small stuff. You will reach your goal!
ReplyDelete