I got on this scale this morning, then ran downstairs in my nightgown and got my phone to take a picture! I was so excited. This was earned after my challenges last night. I had my first Bunko of the year and we have a LOT of food at Bunko. The only thing that I could eat (that I liked) was a sweet and sour chicken dish and some scoops chips and a red potato salad. I took a lemon bar on my plate at first, but I put it back because I knew there was sugar in the chicken dish. I won second place:) Well I took 2 lemon bars home because if the scale said what I hoped it would, I would celebrate today. I ate one and gave one to my husband. It tasted like Heaven. It's funny because what has really tasted yummy to me that has sugar has either been lime or lemon based. I love my Bunko friends. We have played together for over 22 years. Our lives have changed over the years, but our friendships continue. I am blessed to have such a great group of women:)
Zumba this morning was with the instructor that I don't like as much. She plays these hard rock songs that I didn't listen to when I was young, and choose not to listen to at this age:( It's kind of a bummer to me. I guess when she is the only game in town on Wednesday mornings, I am stuck!
My hubby and I also got the BEST news ever this morning. Wrigley has put him back out on short term disability. This means full pay and we keep his company car for now. I am praying they give him the time to really heal and strengthen his back. We have only heard from the nurse, no other contact from the HR dept. He has gained 5 years of life back! Joyful is the word I would use for him.
Dinner was my pork cutlet with mashed potato/spinach and gravy. So yummy.
We went to the Base with my daughter yesterday and got a lot of good grocery bargains. @Rosie, I found the sausage crumbles that you talk about. Since I divorced bacon, I needed another breakfast meat! I'm excited to make a breakfast burrito.
Thanks everyone for being on this journey with me. I can't believe I have stuck with something for 6 months. That is something I am proud of too. The lemon bar today, that I ate every single crumb of, was really the first time that I ate something completely. No 3 bites on that one:)
Blessings and happy scales.
You are an amazing woman Kay! You should be so proud! I am glad that you enjoyed that lemon bar. With my luck, I'd have found it too sweet. I just love Bunco! I wish I could get a group going on around here... not that I've tried or anything. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou have done so great Kay, Be proud of yourself and try not to celebrate too much.
ReplyDeleteThat is great news about your hubby too.
Have a great day :-)
Kay, congrats on the weight loss and for keeping on plan for 6 months, that is awesome. I am happy to hear about your husband I know that has to give you guys some relief.
ReplyDeleteKay, So happy for you. You can hear the joy coming right through the words. Speaking of words, what you wrote on my last two blog posts really lifted me up in spirit. I really felt your encouragement and friendship coming through. I wish I lived closer to you. I would go to Zumba with you! So glad to hear about your husband. I have been thinking aboutyour situation. I wrote you a long facebook message and was hoping that you didn't think I was butting in with my advice. We see this sort of thing alot in my husands practice and while I'm not big on getting lawyers involved, sometimes the patient needs someone on their side when dealing with the company and their disability benefits. I hope your husband's back helas and improves. Congrats again. Your "slow loser" advice really hit home with me and made me see that it can be done! Hugs to you.
ReplyDeleteHow awesome Kay I am so happy for you! And what great news about your husband's job, have a great day :)
ReplyDeleteKay, so happy for you! What a great anniversary present you've given yourself! Great news about your husband too! What a relief that must be for both of you. It's funny that you're talking about Bunco because when I was growing up that is what my mother and all the neighbor ladies would play. I LOVED when I was called upon to substitute. You know it wasn't the game itself, but being with the ladies and hearing all the gossip that I loved! lol! I kind of wish my neighborhood had started that up - it would be fun.
ReplyDeleteGreat news indeed Kay on so many levels!! Congrats on your amazing weight loss!! DEfinitely something to be proud of and you look fantastic!!! So happy to hear that things with your hubby are stable.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you my friend!! Oh, and good for you for enjoying that lemon bar! Lifes too short to not enjoy little indulgences along the way! :)
Congrats! You are inspiring me to keep at it!!
ReplyDeleteI will be blitzing thru Spokane on Saturday driving between Sandpoint and Leavenworth. I can't get Nature's Hollow jam in Central Oregon. Where could I get it in Spokane? Any stores along the interstate? Thank you for any info
ReplyDeleteThey have Nature's Hollow at Yokes stores in their Natural section. I think it is like 5.39 or something. They also have the Nature's Hollow syrup and some other products too. The website that Pattie put up, netrition.com I think it was, actually has the jam cheaper than the stores do. I will google the stores along the freeway, but I know if you go through Spokane towards Sandpoint through Priest River, you will find the Yokes that I go to on Hwy 2.
ReplyDeleteMost of the online charges just as much for shipping. I've never heard of Yokes, but i googled and will try to get to one. Thank you so much.
ReplyDeleteLinda, I hope you read this, I don't know how to get a message to you.
ReplyDeleteThere is a Yoke's in Sandpoint:) There is a big one just off the interstate on Argonne Rd. in Spokane and there is one in Kellogg Idaho too. I should have asked my Wrigley man (hubby) when you asked. He knows where everything is based on grocery stores! The netrition site has a fixed shipping of 4.97. I almost bought the jam and syrup on there actually!
Leavenworth and Sandpoint are amazing places! Enjoy, I would love to hear about your trip!