I don't think I had a picture of my Matthew (that's what I call him) on my blog. He's the handsome chap on the right. Shawn is his best friend that recently got married. I swear if they were gay, they would have married each other. They provided me with tons of laughs over the years! Matthew is still here working with his older brother. I am glad he is here in town, but I still don't see him very much. Unless I offer dinner, they won't drive the 1/2 hour to get here!
I made a WONDERFUL (to me) dinner tonight. I made a box of stove top (I have said I am not a cook) added about 3 cups of spinach, put it in a baking dish with turkey and gravy over the top and baked it for 1/2 hour. It was just like Thanksgiving and yummy. Our local store has "store roasted" turkey on sale and it is really as close to Thanksgiving turkey as I have ever tasted. I know there were carbs in the stuffing, but when you add spinach it goes a lot further. I am really getting into this spinach thing. I am a grown up now!
I finished the book "The Help" today. I had started reading it a long time ago, but it didn't represent what I remembered about visiting my grandparents in the 60's. They had 2 maids, Sadie and Lois, and we were taught to respect them like any other person we met. They were awesome cooks and actually taught my older sister a lot of good things. Of course I wasn't interested. I just never looked at them any different? We used to always be in Florida when all the little kids would go back to school. The bus stop was in front of my grandparents store. They would be all dressed up in their best clothes. I will never forget the fun times. My grandparents had a store outside of Ocala Florida smack dab in peanut farming country. We drove across Country ever year to visit them. That is why I am still not into long car rides. Can you get any further away than WA state to Florida???
I ate 2 more PB cookies tonight for the fiber they give me and another couple of teaspoons of my Clemmy's vanilla. I have 1 serving left. I would really like to see a good weigh in tomorrow.
I need to clarify better on my start date. I started March 7th, so September 7th will be my 6 month anniversary. 6 months:) What a difference it has made in my life, self confidence and overall health. Woot! Thank you all that blog for being on this journey with me.
Blessings and happy scales:)

YOur son is very handsome. I saw the movie the help and I thought it was great.
ReplyDelete6 months is a big deal. Congrats. :-)
Thank you Rosie:)
ReplyDeleteFYI for all of my buddies....I haven't walked, kept my journal, or added extra exercise this month! The best laid plans:(
Kay, I agree with Rosie, your son is very handsome - his smile looks like yours! I have "The Help" on my reading list but haven't gotten to it yet. Right now I'm reading "Before I go to Sleep". I love thrillers. My start day is close to yours! I started the BFC on April 6, but I think I started with more to lose than you. I'm loving it except for this stall I'm in. I think even if you follow the diet to the letter you can still get into a stall after the initial bigger loss. At least that's whats happening to me. I really think your being so active is helping you out. I love your story about seeing your grandparents! Such good memories. That is a heck of a long drive though! Every year? Whew!
ReplyDeleteI have a handsome Matthew too! Maybe it's the name..LOL
ReplyDeleteGreat job on 6 months and 141! woo hoo!
Thank you for sharing about your grandparents.
Hi Kay. I've been so busy lately and I have to tend to my blog. Just wanted to drop in and say HI.Hope all is well. Love the photo of your son!
ReplyDelete