Wednesday, September 21, 2011

137.7 Woot, woot, woot!!!

OK, so I was a little worried that I may have over done the food for a couple of days. It was so good to see the scale in the right place this morning! It isn't my all time low, but I will take it!!!
Zumba this morning and it was great:) Do you know the song "tootsie roll"? Well picture me, 54 years old jumping around doing the tootsie roll. I have to say it "tickles" me to know what I must look like!
I got my hair done last Tuesday and have not been able to style it since. I went back today and had her cut it shorter. I did not want shorter, but I did want easier. I hope it does what it is supposed to tomorrow.
I bought the Fast Track book at Costco in Missoula. I have not really had a chance to read it thoroughly, but I have a theory. 14 days and a "cure" are 2 TOTALLY different things. I would hate to see it being a short term fix for a long term problem. I am sticking to the 15/6. I know I can eat out, eat in, live around food, and be successful. That's a lifetime cure. I know I eat too many carbs, white carbs included, but I don't ever feel deprived.
I want to clarify on the chili cheese fritos. I get the bag out of the cupboard, I take about 8 fritos out... I put the bag back in the cupboard and I do NOT take it out again. Chili cheese have such a strong flavor that you can even kind of suck on them and get the salty spicy taste. Love it!
Hubby and I babysat Karson tonight and we actually took him with us to visit my little sister that lives in a nursing home. (assisted living, whatever) He was just a doll and was so easy. He weighs about 33 lbs though so he is a heavy little guy. I just realized something when I typed that out. I have lost almost a Karson. I have lost 28 lbs and he is 33 and feels like a giant lump! Wow!!!! Eye opener. Wow!!! I can't wait to share that bit of information with my hubby. He can't pick him up because he is not supposed to lift over 30 lbs! Woot!!!
About the bra fitting. I was at a Dillard's department store. The gal was a certified fit specialist? She actually only took one measurement that went under my arms and around the top of my boobs??? Kind of weird, but she was right. My husband would love me to wear a VS bra, but I refuse to have some young gal handling my old saggy boobies. Each brand of bra is so different in their sizing.
Someone commented on my hubby and me. Truly God sent him to me. If you are new to my friends, I have been married 4 times. Oh my gosh, you are saying!!! Well trust me, I  feel forgiven because of my husband. He had never been married or had children and he married me with 4 kids, 3 of which were teenagers! We have been married 11 years and together almost 13. He is my best friend in the world and I hope and pray that I never take him for granted. God must love me or He wouldn't have sent my best friend to spend my life with, right? My life has changed dramatically from the single mom with 4 kids. That is why I get so bummed with myself. What more could I have been blessed with and I still can't be happy all the time? Ugh!
Kay's confession week. I am human!
Breakfast:
Sausage and egg burrito with salsa.
Lunch:
Hot dog on 1/2 sandwich thin with 5 chips
Dinner:
KFC popcorn chicken....bad:( a couple of fries dipped in gravy. It was late and I wasn't even into eating.
No dessert, no snacks!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kay. Aren't new bras wonderful! I think if you find one that you like, then you should invest and buy several. I do that, and take really good care of them. Wash them in a lingerie bag, and hang to dry, not in the dryer. They really last a long time. I'm glad life is going well for you. I wish I lived closer, I would go to zumba with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kay! I love new bras. I think it's about time for me to go get a fitting.

    I agree about the cure versus the Fast Track. It's not marketed as a long term solution, you're only supposed to do it for a little while. Although I do feel better without the grains, so I guess I'm somewhere inbetween.

    We all have stuff we aren't proud of, it's what you do with yourself afterwards that makes you who you are. I've also noticed, that my food does change my mood, maybe you should keep a journal that includes your mood before and after eating and what you eat. You never know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Kay, funny but I just bought 2 new bras too. I used to wear 40DD and now I wear 36D. While they feel better now - they are still saggy. We should start a club LOL.
    This is my 3rd marriage and I have to say that I am no where as lucky as you. Lonely and miserable 1/2 the time. What can you do.
    You are so very lucky so hang on to that.
    Great job with your weight. Have a great day :-)
    PS. you make me want to go and buy some chili cheese fritos-those used to be my fav's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kay, sounds like you've found your soulmate! I'm assuming Karsons a toddler...so cool to lose a whole toddler. Great way to use self control with the fritos. I may try that after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay...
    Sounds like you got a real keeper there.How blessed you are to have such a wonderful man! I agree with Cat...sounds like a true soulmate for sure! I will be married 18 yrs next month & while I do love my hubby and he has been very good to me over the years, I dated a man back in high school who I believe with all my heart was my true soulmate. We dated in 12th grade & went to prom together. HE was a such a wonderful man with a kind & gentle soul & we just "clicked" from the moment we met at an April Fools day dance. HE dumped me after the prom for another gal who he ended up marrying and is now divorced from and he remarried a lovely gal & she died of breast cancer 2 yrs ago. So sad! I ran in to him a couple of yrs ago @ a school swim meet and we talked for 3 hrs & reminisced the whole time. We still remain in touch from time to time and are friends & attend the same church. He was definitely the one who got away and he even said that to me too! A lost chance for sure but not the plans GOd had for me with him. I pray that he will find love & happiness again. He is still a wonderful man & deserves so much more than he has been handed. Anyways, geez...sorry about that story attached with my comment. YOu are a beautiful & lovely person & Im sure he feels blessed to have found you too!
    Hugs 2 u!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, congrats on the weight loss. I bet it was a eye opener when you picked up 33lb. Just imagine carring that around all the time. I am glad that you met you best friend....sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince lol.

    ReplyDelete