| Happy:) |
That is what I have to have for my kids, that is what a Mother does, that is what I will do!
My granddaughter's 12th birthday party was last night. We just went over after dinner and had cupcakes, and ice cream. I did not have either. My DIL, bless her heart, isn't the greatest cook so I didn't feel like I was missing out. I did buy a Midnight Reverie candy bar at Target and had it in my purse in case I needed it. I didn't! Anyway... an argument ensued about me being on unemployment and realistically if I walked into Famous Footwear and asked for a job, because of how I looked, (compliment in there somewhere) I could get one. The fact that I am going to Hawaii in 10 days is a moot point. If I can work, I should work. Being judged by my kids, hurts:( I would take it more personal if they were shining examples of US citizens. I would also take it more personal if they had EVER been happy for me to go to Hawaii. I always get the "I wish "I" could go to Hawaii". Well, I am 54 years old, lived through years of Hell and I deserve this. I asked them why they couldn't be happy for me having a husband that can take care of me? I guess I am held to a different standard. That's the short story, many more words were said, I really did remain calm, and I am sorry that my poor granddaughter sat through all of it. Needless to say their attitude is something that has bothered my husband for years. He is never surprised and he is always there to pick up the pieces. Honestly without having a "feel sorry for Kay", I did not get divorced because of a whim. Both of my sons dads were very abusive. I decided I would rather be single than be abused. both of their dads were generational abusers. I feel like God put me in their lives so that I could, and did, stop the cycle. Both of my son's, though sometimes mean with words, would NEVER hit a girl. And believe me, with 2 sisters, there has been ample opportunity! I was poor, real poor, and my kids never knew it. Sometimes I wish I would have shared the financial struggles more so they would have learned some gratitude. Oh well....husband 3 was an alcoholic that was still in love with his ex wife. We were high school sweethearts that just thought we were meant to be together...nope....I still don't drink!
| Cadence and Cy |
So, my thoughts for the day are kind of sad. Disappointed in my boys, but not surprised.
Happy Birthday to Sherrie!!!
Happy Scales to everyone...
Oh...I almost forgot something else that is actually important!!! If you have been reading my blog, after weeks of being in the 140 range I decided that if that was a good weight for me, I would just let it go and start maintenance. Letting it go allowed me to lose another 3.5 lbs. Seriously....I think I was obsessed with seeing the scale move and when it didn't I would get so frustrated. When I gave that up, I not only lost, but freaked myself out because I was losing!
Just a thought!
I am so proud of you Kay! You were very instrumental in my decision to go 'into maintenance.' I was tired of being stressed out about the scale not letting go of that last 5 pounds I had on my goal bar. Really, I've come so far to be disappointed in myself. And you too! It feels so much better now to be happy with the scale not moving down. So thank you!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love that you have recognized that you were put into your situation for a reason. I think we all are where we are supposed to be, and the only way we can really do justice to God is to realize that so that we can do what we are supposed to do!
Oh our children.., they always know just how to push our buttons, don't they? They can stir up such emotion in us too, whether it is pride, happiness, sadness or anger! In this situation you know they love you and want to see you happy but maybe they are a tiny bit jealous, because you are at a different stage of life than they are. They are just starting the working part of their lives with all the responsibilities and sacrifices and you are FINALLY reaping a little happiness and relaxation from all the hard work you've already put in. Don't let them make you feel guilty! You probably still do a ton for them, and it's OK to be happy and do a little for yourself as well!!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so good with your weight! Good for you! I relaxed a little this week myself with my trip and everything, but I haven't stepped on a scale yet. I'm afraid I'm not going to have as good of luck. We shall see.
HI Kay! I have missed all my blogging friends this week. I just posted today, but it has been a real tought week. Seems like we all have our problems don't we? Our children can say the meanest things sometimes. I don't think they really think of our feelings when they say things that hurt. You can do whatever you want with your life, and you don't have to answer or explain to anyone, even your kids. I am so happy for you that you have reached a weigh you are happy with. I want to be like you! I hope I can get there. Hugs from me to you!!
ReplyDeleteKay, why is it that our children think they have the right to treat us like we are there children sometimes. Boy we did our jobs raising them and you would think they would be happy for us to have a little enjoyment in our lives. Hope your granddaughter had a wonderfule birthday anyways. Good for you for not binging through all of the stressful moments.
ReplyDeleteKay your life and mine sound so similar its scary. WOW! I really understand and am so proud of you for reacting the way you did. You can still love your family and not like or be mad at them.
ReplyDeleteAnd see - I said just don't focus so much on the scale and look at you girl!! Way to go :-)
Wow Kay, I am happy for you and your weight loss you have done a great thing for yourself and your health. I am sorry to hear that your children are jealous and not happy for you. I wish my folks would go to Hawaii I think they deserve it. Children and parents know how to push eachothers buttons, I hope someday they realize all you have been through and done for them.
ReplyDeleteKay, Right now my kids are 4 & 8, I don't know, how I would feel for my grown kids to act like that. Your right about the unconditional love. Look at you losing, when you relaxed about the number. Cool. Hope you have a great time in Hawaii.
ReplyDeleteOh Kay! I am so sorry to hear about how your boys treated you. I agree with Beth that they seem to be a bit jealous of you and you know what I say? You have earned your wings my dear and you have a wonderful man who loves you and wants to take you places so enjoy yourself and dont feel bad for aminute! My husband and I want to go to Hawaii for our 20th anniversary (in 2 yrs) and my kids (teens almost 13 & 15 going on 35) are upset that we arent taking them along. We took them on a cruise in Feb and I think now that they have traveled a bit they want to go everywhere we go. My youngest is especially upset over this. Anyways, know that they will get over it and you just go and have a great time!
ReplyDeleteYou know, its funny you said that about relaxing about the scale becuase thats what I was told to do this week by the WW receptionist. She told me to not think about it and it will happen so I am gonna run with that & see what happens.
Chin up my dear! It will all be ok.
((Sherri))
I am not sure, I may have more than one trigger food. LOL. It never was chips, but I think now that I'm off the candy my body's turned to the next best thing or something. I need to just leave them alone. We don't keep them in the house, but when I do bring them home and eat one, it's never just one. That's the first one that comes to mind.
ReplyDeleteWe went to the Sprague Costco tonight. That would be weird if we ran into each other. You probably go to the other one though, huh?
Good for you! And have a wonderful, well-deserved time in Hawaii!!
ReplyDelete