I am happy to say that I went to Zumba twice last week and I started my Monday there! It feels so good to be back in a routine of sorts. I am taking my weight/fitness one thing at a time. Before I do anything drastic or change anything in my diet, I am going to see how the exercise alone affects my weight.
I don't know if there are any new people reading this blog, I don't know if anyone really cares, but I want to say something about the BFC that makes it work for me.
I eat regular food! I don't eat different flours, I don't eat different oils, I don't eat special desserts, I don't eat whole wheat tortillas or flax bread. I eat flour tortillas, ground beef, tomato based sauces at times, butter, heavy whipping cream. I eat regular pizzas and regular burgers out. I eat french fries and pasta. I eat KFC, Olive Garden, 5 Guys, Nacho's, Mexican burritos and enchiladas.
I don't eat donuts, cookies, cupcakes, ice cream, candy, etc.
That is my one thing that I have drastically changed. Except eating spinach, I still eat spinach and had not tasted it prior to doing the BFC.
But I count the carbs and sugar.
I rarely go over on myfitnesspal on my sugars, I go over much more often with my carbs. I have no desire to go down the sugar treats road again. I feel like I was an addict and I conquered an addiction. I am proud of myself for that. I am lucky that I don't drink so I don't worry about those calories either. I did quit eating my potato chips:) That also feels good!
I am so proud of everyone that continually strives for a plan that works for them, that can work for them forever. I am 55 years old, this is something I can do forever and never feel like I am missing out. I make the choice when I eat something I shouldn't, but it has to be pretty darn good to eat too much of it. The new BBQ place that just opened by us had free vanilla soft serve after your dinner. I made the cone, I had 2 nice bites, and then put it down and was done. If I hadn't have done that, I would have thought about it, fantasized about it, and wanted to go back right away so I could eat it. Now I can wait until the next time and do the same thing again. I do have the BBQ sauce on the side and barely dip the meat in the sauce. I bet by the end of the meal and I had 2 meats, I had used less than a tsp of sauce.
This whole weight loss thing is such a mind game. It truly starts in our heads and eventually filters out into our tummies. My head is going to concentrate on exercise for awhile and see where the extra activity leads me.
Blessings and happy scales!
Great Post! You are so right! Thanks :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm still reading and care! I do eat quite a few carbs and could definitely cut back on them. But I'm sure sugar is the root of my problem. A while back I followed the no sugar, no flour plan (and counted Weight Watcher points). I felt really good that week. I have no clue why I didn't continue and make it a habit.
ReplyDeleteI may have asked you this before but do you miss fruit or dairy (like yogurt)?
Glad you got back to Zumba since it's something you like.
I have never eaten yogurt, I think it tastes like sour milk:) I guess that is another area that I am lucky in. Now that I eat strawberries almost daily, and berries. About once a month or so I will get a hankering for a banana, so I will cut it in 1/3's.
ReplyDeleteI think it is great if you could go without white flour. It just is never going to happen for me.
I think sugar is the root of all food cravings!
Kay you are so lucky that you have found the right food matches to suit you! That is really the key to any kind of "way of life" diet. I am still searching for the right combo for myself. I do believe sugar is the worst offender for anyone and it's been off the table for me for awhile. Still working on what carbs I can and can not have. I so admire you for doing Zumba. Wish I wasn't so lazy in the exercise dept!
ReplyDeleteWow Kay, love this post!!! I keep going between Wheat Belly, then BFC, then low carb (under or at 40g a day). I need to stick with BFC and see what it does for me rather than skip from plan to plan!!!! When will I get this in my head because I love the BFC plan and you and I feel the same way about eating normal food, no special flour etc. I am so afraid I will gain on BFC, that's whats holding me back. I was on Prednisone for 2 mos at a high dose and I gained 15lbs and already had 15 to lose and now I'm searching for a way to lose it all that is a lifestyle change so you have inspired me to try it for a month and see what scale says and how clothes fit. Thanks for your posts, I love them!!!
ReplyDeleteOne question, do you stick to 120g carbs a day? Do you count that or do you more so worry about the 15g sugar? You are at my goal weight so I'd love to hear from you, thanks so much in advance for any help or advice you can offer me :-)
ReplyDeleteI am with you sister!!You know how much I love the regular BFC. This is definitely something we can do forever. I am proud of you for getting in the zumba again.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!.
DM, Yes I do try and stick to the 120 carbs, but more importantly, I try and still do the 40 carbs per meal. When we eat out and I over do, I try and have a really low carb day the next meal, or I just have no carbs or really low carbs the next day. I still rarely drink diet soda, I think that is another huge key to sticking with BFC. It's the sugar I tell you! It releases your inhibitions!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kay, i too drink very little diet soda and I drink water. Ok well your success has motivated me. I will try this and see how I do. I will also try to stick to 40 g per meal. Thanks for the reply. Love this post. It really helped me. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteway to go Kay! I am so glad that this works for you! And proud of you getting to Zumba, lady! ;)
ReplyDelete