Wednesday, January 2, 2013

139.2!!! Yikes!!!

Happy New Year!!! I wonder how many times I have weighed in the last year and said "Yikes"!? I have become accustomed to going up to the 138's, but 139...makes me get a little nervous! I still have not gone back to Zumba and I can give 5000 excuses as to why. I am going to get my butt moving next Monday. Yep, I am starting on a Monday....how many times have I don't that before too?! I am really ready though. I really haven't been that bad, just eating at random times, eating out way too much. On New Years Day we have Ivar's fish and chips and Pizza Hut for dinner, all in 1 day!
Lana, thank you for your nice comment. Here's the link to the no bake cookies:
http://heartofacountryhome.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/chocolate-oatmeal-no-bake-cookies-sugar-free/
She uses Splenda, I use a stevia blend. I do know that I boil them for 3.5 -4 minutes or they don't set up that well. I think it is because it isn't real sugar? I let them set in the refrigerator and I think they get better after time.
The pretzel dessert is super simple. I just slowly melt 1 TBS butter and add 2 TBS stevia before it gets really hot or it will clump up. I then add 8 of the waffle shape pretzels broken up, and let it candy itself. After it cools I just add a little fruit, like 3 strawberries, and cool whip. I have always stuck with cool whip instead of redi whip because it doesn't break down to air like redi whip seems to do. In the beginning sticking with blackberries or blueberries is probably best.

Exciting news that my daughter is coming with my grandsons at the end of the month. I am soooo excited! I can't wait to have my house in chaos! Oh and here's a not every family is perfect and mine is by far NOT....I had everyone for dinner on Sunday because my son's Boston girlfriend is here. I made pork tenderloin, real mashed potatoes, etc. and cooked, cleaned, and finally sat down to play Apples to Apples and my twins, (almost 25 year old twins), got into a verbal fight. My daughter said the "F" word, my older son grabbed my 2 grandchildren and sent them out to the car, he then proceeded to tell her not to talk like that in front of the kids, I am standing there going "WHAT THE HECK!!!" and they all left. And they took the Apple Crisp that  Boston girl had made for dessert! Now granted that was good, but really? I think it will be awhile before we have dinner here again, like a long while!
KIDS!!! I hope I am not the only one that has adult children that still act like children?
Blessings and happy scales.....

7 comments:

  1. I had a "yikes" moment myself after New Years! I guess its time to get back to business!
    I know what you mean about the adult kids. I guess they are still trying to figure out their way in the world, but they can sometimes make it so hard on us. One day they will mature enough to think before they act....I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay - Thanks for posting the link to the no bake cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK well lets have a contest - The last time I spoke to my daughter she said I was dead to her... I win.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about the blow up! I am sure everyone has stuff like that in their family.

    I am sure once you get back on track those extra pounds will come right off. I'm still wrestling with mine. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kay for the recipes! So far today I have walked on the treadmill and have eaten 2 belly good meals. I happy to get back on track and am looking to putting together a blog to track my journey or maybe I will just infuse it in my family blog.... Still thinking on that! As far as the family blow-up..it happens to the best of us. Thanks for keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness I'm an only child :) No really, even with my own kids I just don't get the sibling thing. Can't we all just get along ... lol. Although swearing in front of the kids would bother me too. Best wishes getting back on track Kay and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kay!!
    Happy new year!!! Just wanted to stop by & say hello. Dont fret over the 139. You will be back down in no time....I know it!!
    Hugs to you!!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete