Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I finally returned to Zumba!!!

I finally got my behind out the door and went back to Zumba today. Not only do I feel like I  really accomplished something, but I saw some very nice women that I had missed. I can't say that I feel good right at this moment....that would be a bit of a "lie", I feel like I was hit by a truck...a VERY big truck! But it will pass....I hope:)

This is rather a mean thing to say, but I really noticed a lot of the gals had put on some weight over the Holiday's. It made me feel good because I have added a few lbs, but not extreme.

Side note...... I just took a shower and got cleaned up and was reflecting on what I had written in my blog about others gaining weight. I am ashamed of myself for finding some good in others gaining, as to not feel as bad about my own weight gain. I am not that kind of person. I could have deleted that part, but I want to remind myself....."there but by the Grace of God go I". I do not want to be happy that others gained, so I don't feel so bad about my own weight gain. I truly believe that I can do the BFC forever, but I can't do it without some activity added. I hope this makes sense. Maintaining the weight loss is so much harder than losing it. Sorry, but it's true!!!

I feel good knowing that getting back in the groove should help get my  extra baggage off. I just looked at my calendar and the last time I had been to work out was the 27th of September. That was a long break, and that is what caused my weight gain several years ago. I need to constantly remind myself of that and keep my butt moving!!!

My arms feel like lead weights, I can't even muster up the energy to type....so I will bid you adieu!


5 comments:

  1. That's great that you went and I know you are tired but like you said - it will pass. I'm proud of you for getting back out there. And don't feel bad for having a bad thought. We are all just human. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Kay. I haven't been working out since I tore my hamstring. It is crucial to do some sort of activity on a regular basis. Some may get away with it, but now me. It actually feels good, in a weird way, when you are sore after a good workout. It reminds me of all the muscles that are not getting used on a regular basis. Keep up the goos work! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay you are so good to be getting back to Zumba! I wish I had the discipline that you have to exercise. Don't beat yourself up too much for putting down in words what a lot of us sometimes think in our heads. I know if any one of those women had asked you how you keep in such good shape you would have helped them gladly, and willingly! You are a good person like that and don't forget it! As for losing vs. maintenance I will say that the early losing was easy for me but the continued losing is hard! Not sure what actual maintenance will bring, but I sure hope I get there one day, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Kay! I think it's easier to work out once we get the momentum going and easy to not do it when we lose that momentum. Just a little info - I did a trial membership at our gym from Sept-Dec and only went about 6 times!! NOT GOOD! I need to get the momentum going again. Glad to see that you went. Hopefully I'll get my booty in gear very soon. Thanks for posting. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job! I need regular exercise too. I don't understand these diet 'gurus' who claim that you don't need to exercise to lose weight - I don't think I agree! Not to mention to stay healthy...

    ReplyDelete