Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Saturday:)

"Don't trade what you want the most for what you want at the moment."



I really liked that quote from Minichick. It really is good advice! If we are blogging about weight loss, I am assuming that all of us want a healthy body weight the "most". Therefore, STEP AWAY FROM THE COOKIE!!! What tastes good at this moment, will not feel good tomorrow! 
I can happily say that I am back on track with my BFC. I am more in maintenance mode than weight loss mode, but it is working. I feel a lot better than I did this time last weekend! I went to Zumba 3x last week...yay...I moved around furniture in my daughters old room so I can actually work out in there....the best laid plans:) We will see if I actually do it. Wish me luck:) Or kick my butt...either is OK! 
We had a beautiful day today and it reminds me why I want to wear t-shirts comfortably and sleeveless shirts...oh my!!! It's time to do a few exercises for the old arms! Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice so I am hoping to get some sun. I always feel better with a little color on my skin. 
Our house is back together and it looks amazing. Our baseboards are all white and when our floors were refinished a couple of years ago because of water damage, they got stain on the baseboards. After having them come back 3x to fix other issues we finally just said....don't ever come back!!! Having them bright white again is refreshing. I really believe we got our monies worth and that feels good too. My husband has really liked what they have done and has started talking about several other things. I'm just glad that he is in the update mode. Maybe the fact that he is actually around all the time and notices changes is a good thing. I really hope if he gets another job it is a non travel job. I really like having him home with me. He is still selling his collectible cars on ebay and loving it! Good for him:) 
Thanks for reading my ramblings:) I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! 
Blessings, K

7 comments:

  1. That IS such a great saying!

    How fun for you guys that things are starting to come together in your house. I glad it's turned out to be a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is satisfying to get the things spruced up.
    What are some good exercises for the over 50+ arms...my changed so much the last few years...really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "What tastes good at this moment, will not feel good tomorrow!" Kay that is so true. It's so easy to say tomorrow will be a better day or tomorrow I will start the diet.

    Kudos to you for going to Zumba last week!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great that you're back on track. I know that makes you feel better. Can't wait to see the pics of your house. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! I'm going out to mow the lawn today for the first time this season. Enjoy the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zumba 3x, back on track with the BFC, beautiful weather, house coming together... sounds like you had a great week! :) I'm right there with ya - one of the things I'm most excited for is to be able to wear, and look decent in, short sleeve and sleeveless tops - it's been way tooo long! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kay. Making time to check in with my Buddies. Love all the renovations and glad you are back on track. I really find checking in with everyone is the key. I just wish some of the craziness over here would slow down. Why is it when it rains it pours?? Sending hugs from me to you.

    ReplyDelete