Update on Easter and my birthday...My twins were especially kind on my birthday. My daughter and I are going to lunch tomorrow and my son invited me to his work so he could give me a very sweet card. It said he is ready to listen to my advice, I told him my advice for the day is to "love like there is no tomorrow", because someday there won't be. He wondered if I was sick or something! Does that mean they may feel a little guilt about Easter? Who knows. I love them anyway. I totally appreciate all of your comments. I have created these kids, I will have to set boundaries and expectations, the whole definition of "insanity" thing.
My birthday was wonderful because I have a husband who is pretty special! We are having some updating done on our home and we had to find a new chandelier for the front entry. We went to Coeur'dalene Idaho, close to Dawn's hometown, for shopping and dinner. Guess what? I ate more peanuts....my POOR husband and anyone else who happened to be near me today! It was a beautiful day and the area is gorgeous. If you ever want a getaway, the Coeur'dalene resort is one of the top rated in the Country.
Today was more shopping and more decisions! Ugh! We did get a lot of both done. I am FINALLY going to have all colored walls. Most of the house the exact same color, but gray in our bedroom. It was hard work getting 12 years of "crap" out of our closet to paint.
Now to BFC....I have been a VERY bad girl. Rosalie keeps saying that we can never go back to our old ways, she is so right. I haven't eaten sugar, no desire, but rolls, white bread, over dose on peanuts, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, etc., etc., etc. The Zumba instructor was sick on Wednesday so I did not go to Zumba. I plan to go tomorrow, but you know about plans.................
Who wants to join me on journaling our daily food? Holding ourselves accountable until we get to our goals, or back to them again? I am getting out my food journal sheets and going back to the basics. Summer is coming, Spring is kind of here. I want to put on those jeans and tee shirts with no fat rolls. I am going to get this weight off and feel my best again. It's just a couple of lbs now, but it could be a whole lot of lbs if I don't get a grip. I do know that I have NOT gotten enough fiber. I haven't had my high fiber english muffins for about 2 weeks and I definitely noticed a difference in a bad way. I bought 3 bags today. They have a lot of good fiber for me. So that's where I am. I am going to get back to business on Monday! I AM!!!
Thank you for being here to listen to my ramblings, good, bad, and ugly. We are very blessed to have one another, even if we are "cyber" friends!
Blessings and happy scales!
Truly thankful for all of the comments:)
I'm so glad your kids were so good to you on your birthday. It sounds like they feel bad about Easter; that's good!
ReplyDeleteIt's nice that you had a good day with your hubby, but LAY OFF THOSE PEANUTS!!! :P Hee hee, had to say it. Have you had a chance to meet up with Dawn yet? That would be so fun for the two of you.
Happy Belated Birthday Kay!!
ReplyDelete(I actually wrote this on Tuesday and when I hit it was gone!! So here is basically what I wrote):
Because we love our children soooo very much, their ugly words & actions can really cut deep. I have to say that I didn't fully appreciate my own parents until I had children of my own. I think kids tend to take things out on their parents because life can be rough and they feel safe around us....doesn't make it any easier though, but I think it's true! I think you're an amazing Momma! Hang in there - Sounds like your birthday was a better day.
I would love to journal my daily food as well. I am going to begin a weigh-in tomorrow and do so every Saturday thereafter and post what I have eaten. When I found your blog, I went back through all of your old blog posts to see what you were eating to lose your weight. It really helped motivate me and give me ideas. Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous weekend!
Thank you a million times Kim:) For understanding too!
DeleteI am so glad you had a nice birthday! I definitely will be joining you on the food journaling. I journal it now, but something is not right, so I'm committing to do a *good job* journaling when I get back from our weekender. Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteGame on Dawn!!!
DeleteYes I need to start food journaling again, I have also been thinking about my summer clothes when it comes time to wear them I want to feel good. I'm glad you had a nice bday :)
ReplyDeleteWe finally have beautiful weather! Yay!!!
DeleteMeee tooo :-) I need to learn to food journal...I keep dropping the ball on that one so I'm in too! Glad to hear you had some fun and love from your family on your birthday...you deserve it :)
ReplyDeleteSandra, I just used copies from the BFC book and marked off my S/C's as I ate them. It kept me on track. I do love myfitnesspal, but it doesn't speak to me like crossing off all the circles did.
DeleteI am so glad you had a nice birthday and who knows, the kids could change.
ReplyDeleteI bet you both had fun painting and shopping for the house.
And Yeah - lay of the peanuts - you are grounded from them. :-)
OK, because you grounded me, I did not have 5 guys burgers and peanuts today. My husband and I had a good chuckle when I told him your grounded me. He said to tell you thank you:)
DeleteI'm so happy to hear of your children's kindness towards you...you deserve a lot of that.
ReplyDeleteAll of those bready foods ack like a drug on me. I just have to stay away from them. I know that's not for everyone though. You look great, and you'll do what you need to do to keep that up.
You are so sweet. I made it 50 minutes with my daughter today. Slow steady progress!
DeleteKay, so glad you had a nice birthday! Our kids can drive us crazier than anyone else, can't they?!
ReplyDeleteI was doing the journaling on "My Fitness Pal" for a long time but then it started to be another chore I just didn't have time for. I do use it to find out the counts in recipes though.
Maybe you should switch to almonds or walnuts and just bring a small bag with you when you go to the peanut restaurants. Think they may be better for you. For me once I start shelling and eating peanuts it's hard to stop! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
I'm with you. Too many carbs and not enough journaling. I'm joining you in getting serious with that. Glad you had a nice birthay. Happy decorating. Sending hugs from me to you!
ReplyDelete