Tuesday, April 3, 2012

We have sunshine:)

I wore sandals today for the first time!!! I love not having shoes on and I am so ready to wear flip flops all the time. I went to lunch with my gym friends today. I LOVE them:) We had such a wonderful time and in case you are worried....we solved all of the worlds problems today.

So question: Do horizontal stripes make you look bigger? I bought this shirt, stepping out of my regular box, and like it, but felt big. Of course I couldn't wear it without a shirt underneath because it was too cold. My husband liked it, so I guess I will take his word for it. I am firing my hair gal too because she can never get my hair right, but today it didn't look too bad. My friend that sees me when I show up at Zumba, said I sure look different when my hair and makeup are done:) I am assuming that was a compliment!

Now to BFC. I have made some interesting discoveries about myself the last week or so. First of all the scale said that I weighed 138 lbs on Sunday morning. That kind of freaked me out, which was a good thing because it kept me from totally overeating on Sunday. Monday morning I was 135.1, so I must have been ultra fluid filled. I have been retaining water and my system is not very regular. I did start taking probiotics on Saturday. Those peanuts left me gas filled for over a week!!! I also realized after dinner last night that I am finishing way before my husband again. He used to comment on how I scarfed down all my food. When I started BFC, I noticed how I took longer than he did to finish. I am back to scarfing down my food. I don't chew it completely, I don't savor the taste and enjoy the bites. I am just eating like there's no tomorrow. There is TOMORROW!!! I need to slow down and enjoy the ride again.
I am proud to say that I was not going to go to Zumba this week because it is spring break and the Y is crawling with kids, tons of kids, but I am going tomorrow. I cancelled that excuse. I also realized that I have all the Zumba DVD's that were quite spendy and my daughter's bedroom is empty. Duh....it can be my workout room. I am actually getting excited to get a grip on these couple of lbs before they become several lbs. This is also a reminder to me that I am eating way too many processed foods and way too much white flour foods again. I can do this forever, but I need to remember my good and positive habits.
Tomorrow is my twins 24th birthday. I can't believe they are so old!!! Wow. We are going to Red Robin for dinner and even my older son/wife and 2 grandkids are coming. I am EXCITED!!!
Oh, and my sister that is doing BFC? She has been stuck on her weight, but she finally got all of her blood work back and her thyroid was not working at all. Zero, Zip. Her entire body was in pain. She is slowly getting better, although the DR. told her it could take up to 6 weeks for her system to restore itself. She's hanging in there.
On the car front....were you wondering who won? My husband or myself? Well, my car is getting paid off:) YAY!!!! And then we are waiting to see what we will do for another car for him. Fight avoided!!! So far. My husband has collected hot wheels type cars for years. I think I may have mentioned that he has thousands of them. Truly! Well he started selling some extra's on ebay. 1 4.99 car went for 132.00. Another 4.99 car went for 50.00. There are obviously other crazy men out there. I think he is going to make a lot of money and then I will have to quit teasing him.
Kitty and me:)
Thank You Lord for the sunshine today!!! And my friends, near and far:) LIFE Is GOOD:)

10 comments:

  1. Oh and watching the Tudors on the car trip? I was totally dumb and not thinking of the fact that I had to have wi fi to watch shows while we traveled. Duh!!! I swear I am losing what little mind I had left:) But reading the Kindle in the dark car was a really nice perk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you asked, to be honest, you do look a little bigger in the stripes, but not crazy so. How do you feel in it? If your husband likes it and you feel good in it, I say wear it. You're still cute as ever either way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt big in it! I think you are right and it feels soooooo good to get an honest opinion! Thank you:)

      Delete
  3. I think the stripes are fine - both of us are up a little in weight and it will be off in no time.
    enjoy your time with your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a big stripe fan, but I dont think you look large. I think it is a great idea to change your daughters room into a workout room. I did that when my younger daughter moved out. I know you will get the little extra weight off you have always done it in the past. Love the picture of you and your little kitty I think you hair looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look fabulous! Stripes or no stripes :) I personally think you look the most fabulous when you feel comfortable and confident with a happy smile. Remember, what other people think of you is none of your buisness!! If you like the stripes, wear them loud and proud - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that when I saw your photo, the first thing I thought was how fabulous and fashionable you looked (I would give anything to be your size!!). I know what you mean about eating slower - something I have been working on too. Have fun at Zumba and Happy Birthday to your twins!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Diana I am not a stripe fan but I think you don't look large. I also loved having some sunshine yesterday, I love how things are getting green and close to blooming and it is starting to smell like spring. Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your sandals! I loved that sun yesterday, too! I am sad that it is going away. I think stripes make us big chested girls look bigger around the waist, and I don't need that. You look cute, and if your hubby thinks you look good, wear it for him, and know that you look good! :) Anyway, maybe we can get some more sun and get rid of these extra pounds for good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always look adorable Kay...enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete