Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dreams do come true:) Never stop believing!!!

Poison!!!
First off a BFC story in case anyone wants to quit reading early! I POISONED myself yesterday. Hubby and I went to Panda Express because he is always bugging me to go there and the only things I like are high in sugar. Well, we went, I ate my favorites. We then went to Cold Stone and got ice cream because we had a 15.00 gift card. I had this:

I felt fine until about 1:00 today. OMG, head pounding, shakes, nausea. I had to go to bed. Seriously was so sick. I haven't even really craved ice cream. I still have a Clemmy O that has been in the freezer forever and some Clemmy's ice cream. I truly have learned a lesson. TOO much sugar is very, very, very bad. I needed the reminder!

Beyond Autumn Gate
Now to "dreams coming true". If you have read my blogs, or haven't, my Mom and I have not had a relationship for over 18 months. Recently she told me to just "remember" what she used to be like. Then today she brings me this:
I sold her this piece of art in 1994. It is one of Thomas Kinkade's most sought after and collectible pieces. CRAZY right? She said when I sold it to her, I asked her if she would leave it to me someday. She is moving to a smaller place and decided to give it to me now? Heart swells:) She does really love me!

Secondly...I was a single mom for many years. I had 4 kids and I made about 12,000 a year on my good years. I drove a Renault when all of my friends had mini vans. It is NOT about "stuff", it is about dreaming and believing. I always knew that if I never gave up and truly believed, that someday, I would live differently. Jeremiah 29:11-13....I knew that there was a "normal" for me. 13 1/2 years ago, in the Thomas Kinkade Gallery, that "normal" found me. My husband walked in the store and we have been together since. He is an amazing man, and a constant reminder that God loves me....He gave me my hubby:) Anyway....when you are in a position like I was, poor, with mostly rich friends, you dream of what you may have someday. It feels good for someday to be here. This may not make a ton of sense, but I have always wanted granite counter tops, and not just any granite, to die for granite. We are getting granite counter tops:) And the builder really listened when I told him what I wanted and the back splash tile he picked was perfect. Just perfect:) I am so excited. We haven't done any updating in our home in the nearly 12 years that we have lived here. Now we have new paint, a new kitchen coming, and a new powder room. (which I use every hour on the hour I swear) New lighting through out the house, new paint etc. I'm in OMG thankfulness overload.

Now here's my dining room, the paintings aren't back up yet because the walls were just finished today. The Living Room has gross furniture, but we are never in there, so we got the furniture for our family room instead.  The walls were white, every where...white.

New living room wall color.

And the minimal mess they leave:)

I know that this may not make sense to some people, may make some think I am materialistic, I am NOT. I am THANKFUL for a life, at times, I can't believe I deserve.

And to top it off....my daughter and I made it 50 minutes for lunch and had a nice conversation:) Woot!!!
We get to sleep in tomorrow because the painters are taking the day off. It will be nice to dream happy dreams:)
Thank you for listening once again to my ramblings....Kay's  "kayotic" life isn't so chaotic right now!
Blessings and happy scales.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you felt so miseralbe after cold stone, last year we also went to cold stone because we had a gift certificate and I remember being miserable after. In Jorge's quick meals book he gives some suggestions for Panda Express: broccoli beef, mixed veggies and fried rice for 5/2. Crispy shrimp with mixed veggies for 4/2. Mushroom chicken and 2 spring rolls for 5/2. I hope that info helps I hope you have a wonderful weekend, I am loving the nice weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful, Kay! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to see the new counter tops. The wall color is beautiful.

    I'm happy for you for all your happy moments these days...your Mom, your daughter, your new home updates, and an ongoing wonderful hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing when you ask for "this or something better", the something better always kicks the vision in your head's ass, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, that was a wonderful post. Sorry about the ice cream, but yay for you with the granite. I have them and they are lovely. We redid our kitchen about 9 years ago and it was a big job. I love what we did though. Just don't put anything acidic down on them for two long. I got a little mark in mine from leaving lemon juice on it. I had squeezed a lemon and made a bit of a mess which I didn't clean up right away. Mine are dark since my cabinets are white. My island and bar cabinets are cherry, so it's a nice look. So glad that your mom and daughter are seeing the light. Love the bible quote today too. Great, uplifting post my friend! Sending hugs and love...and yes someday I do want to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can SO relate to your story. I grew up poor and without. I appreciate everything I get now.
    I love the wall color and can't wait for the granite.
    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete