Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Off track today:(

Quick house view
WAKE UP K before any damage is done!!! I have been a slug who has been very blessed to keep the scale in the 133 range. Am I losing muscle mass? Probably...does it help motivate me? Heck no! I have a very flat bottom that needs to be lifted. My jeans all hang down in the butt. The fact that we just bought them about 6 weeks ago, doesn't make my husband all excited to go buy more. UGH!!!
Together Forever:)
I got my beautiful necklace today! It is called "Together Forever" and I LOVE it! My wedding ring is Gold, but I wear a lot of silver so this works perfectly. The packaging was really, really, cute...down to the inside of the main box being turquoise.
The next picture is our "messy" hall tree. We surround it by tall Santa's that we have collected. Santa hasn't come upstairs yet! My husband leaves this tree in the entryway until Spring. Makes me nuts!!! It has snow on the branches and is showing it's age. It was our first Christmas decoration as a couple 11.5 years ago!
And finally, the living room tree that is supposed to make it look like we have a tree in the window, but our big tree goes in the family room. It hasn't made it upstairs yet either. Baby steps, just like losing weight!
They still don't know what is wrong with my little Sis. She is still in the hospital, having fun ordering food and feeling pretty good.
My Taryn, soon to be former Sailor, is leaving the ship tomorrow. It can take up to 5 days for her to get back to the U.S. So many mixed emotions about that. The great thing is that she qualifies for 6 months of health insurance so she will have resources available for mental health if she so chooses.
I also saw that American airlines filed for Bankruptcy yesterday so I wanted to get my ticket booked to Columbus GA to visit my daughter and Karson. I got a killer deal! The first time I was checking it was 50,000 miles to travel to Atlanta which is 1 1/2 hours from Columbus. Yesterday I got flights direct to Columbus for 25,000 miles total! Wow!!! I can do another trip in the future:)
I was a BAD girl today and went to Safeway to get my General Tsos chicken, almond chicken and chow mein. I ate 1/2 for lunch and the rest a bit ago. Sugar/Carbs off the charts! Oh well....tomorrow is another day. Well, it may be tough because I am meeting German JoAnn at Olive Garden for lunch!
I just drink tons of water, tons!!! I always have a glass of ice water sitting by me. All day long. Water, ice tea and the occasional diet soda when we eat out.
I mentioned on Katie's blog about the low carb flours, like carb quick on netrition? No one has mentioned these? I know they are higher in price, but so is coconut flour?
Oh, and one more exciting thing...I commented on Jorge's recipe today and he "liked" my comment:) I'ms special!
Blessings and Happy Scales

8 comments:

  1. Well your pictures look beautiful!. I hope they find out what is wrong with your sister soon. And I hope all is well with your daughter too.
    It's OK that you were bad today, we are not perfect and tomorrow is another day.
    I heard about A.A. what a good deal you got. It's great when he notices us huh?
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely home you have Kay!! I think its sweet & so sentimental that your hubby puts that original tree up every year.
    I am gonna have to take some pics of my house & post. Im not very good at posting pictures but if Santa brings me what I told him that I wanted, I will have a nice new Nikon camera for christmas & will start taking more photos.
    Sorry to hear your sister still isnt well. Glad shes at least upbeat & enjoying the food. That cracks me up that she like the hospital food. She probably feels like shes going out to dinner getting to order from a menu. :)
    I love your pics that you have posted to the right. What a difference a year has made for you! It sounds like you enjoyed your chinese food so dont beat yourself up over it. You are at goal & have a little wiggle room to splurge from time to time.
    Have a wonderful evening my friend!
    ((Sherri))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, thanks for posting some holiday photos. I feel like I'm on a holiday house tour. Love the outside lights and the inside trees. It's cute that yourhubby is sentimental about that hall tree. That's what the holiday spirit is all about. Don't worry about your safeway food ( chow mein and general tso's chicken). You are maintaining, so you can indulge a little. hopeyour daughter is doing okay, and Kristi too. If she is enjoying the hospial food, God bless her. She's happy! As far ast he butt goes (LOL!) I told Rosalie that I do 2 minutes of squats a night while I brush my teeth. I have a sonic care toothbrush with a 2 minute timer. I swear it works and it's easy. Just start squating while you brush! Hugs from me to you!
    PS love the necklace too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely. The necklace, the tree ( so sweet your man feels sentimental about it), and you. You're not 'bad'for eating what you want-if you ate it I hope you loved it. We're building a lifestyle here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay, I love the house and your decorations. I need to get my but in gear and get the rest of my decorations out. Sorry to hear about your sister still being in the hospital...in my prayers. Thanks for being such a great support to me on my blog it helps to have such great friends for a pick me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house looks very festive, I still have my fall/Thanksgiving stuff up. I hope Taryn has as smooth transition out of the Navy as she can.

    I think holiday baking with other flours is a great idea, the only downside is their expense. I guess we will all figure it out as we go together. I forgot to say this the other day but I also think it would be super fun for us to get together with Dawn and somewhere in the valley is a great idea. Have a wonderful day, and I hope your sis gets better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kay! I know that I sabotage my results a bit by drinking the wine. :) I'm not drinking it every day, and as a matter of fact I haven't had any all week this week, but I am sure that if I cut it out completely I would see better results. As always, I thank you for your advice. I agree with Katie's above comment that we should meet up in the Valley - that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kay, I REALLY like that necklace! I wear a lot of silver too! Actually I wear all silver, and my wedding ring is white gold. Your house looks beautiful! I'm just now getting my Christmas decorations up. I don't know how you ladies do more than one tree, I'm lucky to get the one up!

    ReplyDelete