Sunday, November 20, 2011

God is AMAZING...

OK, let me first say that I fall short as a proper Christian woman. I don't go to church, which eliminates my worthiness of being a Christian to some of even my dear friends, and I don't read the Bible daily. But let me tell you girls, I would NEVER have survived my life without my deep and unwaivering Faith in Him, in my Savior, my Helper, my Friend, my Confidante. I owe Him every bit of sanity that I still have. With that being said, these last few weeks have been a challenge on so many levels. One that I haven't shared much is about my Sailor daughter. She has been desperately unhappy and I got a horrifying call at 11:00 at night (the same night I was booted out of the hospital) with her telling me that she had 5 minutes to tell me that she was having some major issues and to contact someone who could help her. They are out in the middle of the ocean. Thank God for Kayce because first thing the next morning she contacted the recruiters office and then I was able to contact the ship ombudsman, and Taryn was helped. In her words she got the first hug that she had ever been given by a "khaki". I would love to hug that woman and someday be able to tell her how much I appreciated knowing my daughter was being listened to. Life in the Navy and out at sea has been really, really hard on my daughter. I knew it, but I didn't know how extremely unhappy that she was. The good news??? My email last night said not to send her Christmas box, that she was getting out of the Navy and coming home? What does that mean? How can that be? I have no answers at all, but I know that Someone else does and I will live with it. The really bizarre part is the Christmas box. I have had it ready for about a week, but didn't have the address. Yesterday it was ready, packed, addressed and I took it to the post office. The poor postal worker was by himself with a line of about 10 people. I waited about 40 minutes for him to tell me that the APO address was wrong. He couldn't help me find the right one because there were still so many people in line. I left with that box feeling like such a failure....then I got the email last night that said not to send it. I know none of this probably makes any sense, it really doesn't to me either.....but I have felt at peace all day.
She is 23 years old and is making adult decisions and I guess I have to accept that.
So, on to the good news. My husband offered today for me to use our flyer miles and go to GA to visit my daughter. I don't know when I will go, but I know I can go, and that is an amazing feeling!
Job wise, all good. He is for sure employed through March 2nd and then we will see.
BFC wise, since this is my BFC blog, I am weighing in between 134.1 and 135. I think this morning it was 134.4 again. I can take that. Last night I made a flourless chocolate cake from a low carb post. It was supposed to use splenda, so I used Truvia. I see great potential in the cake. It had heavy whipping cream, butter, cocoa, Truvia, an egg, I forget what else. I added way too much cocoa and way too much Truvia, but it came out of the microwave very similar to a pudding cake. I put some cool whip on and ate a little bit. It sure cut my chocolate craving. It was chocolatey!!! I am excited to try it again because it was made from things that I always have here and not specialty ingredients. Again the microwave factor is really cool to me because it is instant gratification!
Thanks for reading this lengthy post. Today has been a day of thankfulness! I have no real answers, but I know I am being taken care of:)
Blessings and happy scales!

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad that things are gonna work out for your daughter. I'm sure you will both be happier when she gets home. Let us know how the chocolate cake recipe is when you get it figured out.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay-You're a good person-we all know that. Your testimony came straight through. I'm sorry your daughter was having challenges, and I know you'll be happy to have her home again.
    Yes...and let us know about that cake!
    Blessings to you-

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/3minute_flourless_chocolate_cake.html
    Link to the cake recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, I am so glad things are working out for you! If only we could know things in advance so we don't have to stress and worry so much right? Our kids sure keep us on our toes don't they? Hopefully your daughter in the Navy will give you a little more information so you'll know what is going on! I think that is great that you'll be able to fly to Georgia to see your other daughter and grandson! That will be a good treat to look forward to. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay, God is amazing and I am so glad you feel Him working in your life. I have a deep faith as well, and although a life long Catholic, I haven't been too good about mass lately. I do pray constantly and if you put your trust in Him, He will always get your through the tough times. I am so glad you will have your daughter home soon. Sounds like she was really having some tough times. I'm glad there was someone on that ship that helped her and that she wasn't all alone with no one to listen to her. Keep us posted. Big hugs from me to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad things are looking up! Have a great Thanksgiving, and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a positive woman, and I think your attitude has so much to do with the positivity in your life! Hugs to you (around your tiny waist!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must admit, I teared up reading about the APO being wrong and then you receiving the email. God always has our back, doesn't He!? I love it when He shows up like that!

    And for the record, I've been a church attender who never missed the door being open, and I've not attended for years...during both seasons, God and I were still tight! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry that your daughter is having such a difficult time. It will do her heart good to see you. I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I loved this post! Love to see how God works in people's lives! so cool. Sorry your daughter is having a hard time. I can't imagine how hard that is for a mom to know your daughter is having a tough time and not be able to help. God's gonna work it out for all of you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete