Saturday, November 5, 2011

135.3 Down 30.1 lbs.

Thank you for all of the prayers and good wishes for my sister. She is not doing well and it is very hard to watch the decline. I was banned from the hospital today by my brother Satan because I told him he emanates evil and called him a piece of shit. He threatened to ban me last night because he didn't like me advocating for my sister about what an earlier nurse had said about giving her a medication that would be bad for her even though it makes her totally knocked out. My mom had heard every reason the day nurse had told us that it was bad to give Kristi the med and my mom would not stand up for Kristi against my brother. I pray to God that I never have a weak wimp advocate for me when I need help someday. I am broken hearted and thinking only of pure hatred that I have for my brother. Whatever I say to him should have no baring on what I have done for my sister. The first night her IV was draining into her arm instead of the IV and if I hadn't caught what was happening her arm would have blown up. She was in so much pain and I begged until they got her comfortable. Did I mention my mom had already left because she was tired? I spent the night from hell watching her beg my mom to let her go home and asking if she was going to die. My brother is a sick and sadistic man who has divided a family, but it has been my mom that has allowed it. I may lose a sister, but I have definitely lost a mother. I would fight to the death with a Dr. or nurse for my children. I'm sorry to share this with my BFC friends, but who would believe such a sick story? Who would believe you could have someone banned because they were mean to the brother of the patient?
I am a loving, compassionate Mom, friend, wife sister. I am losing to Satan and I feel helpless:( How does evil win?

5 comments:

  1. Evil doesn't win Kay. Sometimes it just seems that way. I am so sorry for what Kristi and you are going through. It is sad to see a family divided. I don't think the hospital can officially ban you. I would call a hospital administrator and explain the situation. If Kristi is able to communicate her wishes, then they should ask her what she wants. Could you call your brother and call a truce and just agree to disagree? It would be hard, but at least you could get back to see Kristi. IMHO I would start with administraion. I really don't think they can ban you for having an argument with your brother. Don't take no from someone who doesn't have the authority to say yes. Go to the person who does. I'll keep praying for Kristi and you my friend. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pattie - talk to a hospital administrator! I've never heard of anyone being banned from visiting someone in the hospital! Who banned you, your brother or the staff? Is your brother the power of attorney? Maybe you could find someone on staff to sit down with all of you and work as an arbitrator to help your family make some decisions, or see each others side - perhaps the hospital social worker? I don't know why sometimes the worst of times brings out the worst in people. Still hoping things turn around for your sister - she is lucky to have you in her corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be strong Pattie! Your sister deserves to have someone on her side! We are here with you!!

    Good job on 30 pounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Kay, I agree with the girls - see if there is some way you can just get along for your sister's sake. I am sorry about what happened. I DO understand how family turns on each other in times like that.
    You are both in our thoughts. Love and Hugs comin at you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Kay!
    After reading your post, my first thoughts were...PRAYER! I cant imagine having your brother AND your mother being that way & my heart breaks for you that you have to be surrounded by that negativity & unkindess. Even though I have never met you in person, I can tell that you are a kind & wonderful person. I dont have any wise words of wisdom to sahre, I wish I did, but I want you to know that I did pray for you & your sister at mass this morning & I will continue to pray for all involved here.
    Right hand on left shoulder, left hand on right shoulder....SQUEEZE tight! A BIG ((HUG)) to you my dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete