I woke up this morning and it was a dark, dreary day. I got on the scale and was frustrated to see and increase from my low of 158.8, back up to 160.2. I started at 165.4. The weight the first 2 weeks seemed to just melt off, this last week has been a roller coaster. I can't tell you how many times I encouraged women that were losing more slowly than they were expecting, that 2 lbs a week was a great weight loss....be happy with that! And look at me, I'm bummed because I haven't lost 7 lbs in less than 3 weeks. I know it will happen, it is just realistically going to take awhile.
I was well within my sugar allowance today:) My carbs always seem to be an issue and I still don't eat a lot of fiber. I will get used to that slowly. The fiber capsules that I started taking on Monday have helped some:)
I had a yummy steak for dinner, 5 baby carrots, and a sandwich thin with butter. It was very satisfying. I plan to have some frozen mixed berries and some cool whip for a treat later.
I had to pick up a prescription earlier today and it was truly the first time that I thought about buying something totally wrong to eat. I was surprised that it wasn't chocolate, it was actually french bread....baguette bread to be exact. I didn't do it, and for that I am proud of myself. I literally ate 2 large bags of peanut butter cup mini's in the 2 weeks before I started BFC. My husband sells Wrigley/Mars products, so there is never a lack of Starbursts, Skittles, or Gummy Savers to eat. I have had no extra sugar for almost 3 weeks! That is AMAZING!!!! We have date night every Saturday and I have not had dessert.
I am just rambling now. I know this will work for me! I know it took me a year to gain all the weight, it will take a while to lose it.
I have had the same 9 girlfriends since we were 12 years old. We are now 53 going on 54, so that is a LOT of years. I have 2 of their children's wedding receptions to go to the last 2 weeks of April. I want to have lost at least 15 lbs by then. At our annual Christmas party I looked like a balloon!
That's my goal, 15 lbs by the 23rd of April! I will and can do this!!!
Hi Kay, I know it says on the cover of the book that you can lose bet 4-9lbs a week, but that is not gonna happen. I lost 7lbs in the first week and 5 the next then nothing. Your body gets used to eating this way and then you have to make a change.
ReplyDeleteI don't eat carbs w/dinner - that helps. Also watch the carrots they have way too much sugar in them.
And try not to eat all you sugar at once. split it up no more than 5 sugars and 2 servings of carbs per meal. Also I don't eat past 7pm, only water or maybe a cup of decaf tea later.
Read back on my blog when I started and you will
see it wasn't easy for me either.
Hope that helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Have a nice day :-)