Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stuck at 140.3:(

Within the first 3 days of starting back to a BFC friendly lifestyle and logging onto myfitnesspal, I had gotten down to 139.4. Then I went back up to 141, back down to 140 and now I am stuck! I am quite surprised at my attitude about it all? Why am I not saying "forget this", I want to get back together with my potato chips if I'm not going to see a dramatic weight loss? They are still waiting for me to decide, but having them in the cupboard available and willing  to be eaten, makes me feel powerful at the end of the day! I haven't eaten a potato chip in 13 days!!! My patience in getting this weight back off is surprising to me. I keep telling myself that it took me about 6 months to gain it, it is not going to come off overnight:(
I had tried a new workout last Friday, TRX. I had said to the gals as we were leaving that it felt like my bladder was falling out. I had it lifted several years ago when I my hysterectomy and at my physical, it had fallen again. I know TMI! Anyway, this whole week I have been miserable. At first I thought I had pulled a muscle on my left side, then during the night and moving it moved to my right side. It feels like it did when I had stitches in there:( What to do, what to do? I can't get it fixed in time to go to GA to see my new grandbaby, so I guess I hope it heals itself and gets tolerable. I was still planning on trying TRX again tomorrow, but since I can't bounce around without pain yet, it's probably not a good idea. That stops my Zumba too:( I feel like an old decrepit lady!!!
So...the end of this story is that I will keep plugging along, hoping I lose a few more lbs before Oct. 13th, and realizing that at least I am not still going up. Progress measured in realistic terms. I was in GA last year at the beginning of the year and I weighed about 134, that would be nice, but unrealistic at this point. I just want to feel comfortable in my jeans!
My thoughts are with all of you that are having a tough time with life right now, I truly do think of you often! Blessings and happy scales!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah chips are not our friends. You are dong great. Sorry about the bladder thing. Just go walking instead. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes..go walking instead..be careful! go see your doctor before you go to GA if you can. Good for you; not listening to those potato chips :-) yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, I am feeling the same. I have been very good lately and following the plan, but I am up 7 lbs since the wedding. I really believe that your body gets comfortable at a set point, but if you persevere, then eventually it will have to give in and give up the weight. That sort of was the way I gained. I knew I wasn't following the plan well, but my weight would seem to go up a lb or less. Then all of a sudden, I seemed to have a big gain. My body said, okay if you are going to eat this way, then let's pack on the pounds. Now, it doesn't want to give them up, so I have to prove to it that I am eating better over a long period of time. I know this sounds silly, but I bet somewhere there is actually some research proven regarding this. Probably in more scientific terms though!! Keep at it and don't give up. We'll get it off!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a good plan - keep on doing what you know is healthy, and you will be healthy! Have a good weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete