Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Quick note:)

I just wanted to share a couple of things....I love my husband! I can't say that enough, he puts up with me and that is pretty darn amazing! But that isn't what I was going to say...I was looking at my blog from May of last year and I had lost about 14 lbs. It was fun to go through and see my emotional self and what I was thinking. I am so glad that I have been able to stick with the BFC. I am now at 135 lbs pretty consistently. I don't know if I want to work hard enough to get back down to my low of 132.9 (I think) I have stayed this weight since about October of last year. That is 7 months of maintenance and I am proud of that.
Another thing....I have to relearn lessons over and over. I had diet Dr. Pepper 3x last weekend when we were out and about. I had such a BAD upset tummy last night and I know it was the darn soda. I will not be drinking diet soda again anytime soon. Yikes! My system does not appreciate the chemicals.
Thank you for the compliments on my Mother's Day picture! Full disclosure.....my son is 6'4 and about 240 lbs, so it is easy to look small next to him.
Lastly, I made a yummy dinner tonight. We had scrambled eggs with ham, spinach, tomatoes and monteray jack cheese. I love how when I have really bad days, I can jump right back in. Happy:)
We all can do it, if we wrap our heads around it.
Blessings:)

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about relearning lessons over and over... I do the same thing in many areas in my life. Right now it is friendships where I see that pattern. But I think I am getting better and repeating less frequently and have learned to identify it sometimes BEFORE I screw up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fn to look back and see where we have come from, it reminds us that weight loss is hard work. My husband is also pretty darn amazing, he puts up with a lot from me. I am really looking forward to him being done with the spring quarter. We have been talking about checking out joining the Y. I am super excited I want to go this weekend, the central location has tons of classes that fit my work schuedule :) I love how you say we can all do it, we just have to wrap our heads around it...amen to that. Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty impressive maintenance Kay! I wish I was there but I still want to drop 13 more pounds! I loved your dinner - and keep thinking how easy it would be dinner-wise with just me and my husband. He wouldn't mind eggs for dinner, but the other guys....no. Have you ever tried the Stevia soda? I think the root beer is good for the few times I'm craving soda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've set a weight loss goal to shoot for but in all honesty I'd be happy within 5 lbs of that goal. As I get closer I may adjust it as I realize my body is done losing and I am happy with the weight I'm at! You may have found the magical weight that your body is happiest at! I know what you mean about the Diet Dr. Pepper. A month or so ago, I had a Diet Coke and I felt so bloated and just "icky" later that evening. Vowed not to do that again!!! You look FABULOUS and so healthy. Thank you for posting and encouraging others along the way! {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love that we blog so we can look back at certain times while we were losing.
    I used to love-love diet Dr Pepper. Just stevia sodas for me. You have done such a great job and look Fabulous Darling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think you look wonderful! And great job with your maintenance! I don't feel like I've been maintaining, what with my weight gain lately, but I guess if I keep losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over it really is maintaining. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you can find Zevia, the grape and the orange are my favorite. Once you've been off of diet coke (aspartame/splenda sweetened cola's) for awhile, the zevia cola doesn't taste bad. Don't switch to the cola flavor right away because it isn't as sweet as diet coke and you will be disappointed. I loved diet dr pepper, too, and found Virgils zero has a dr pepper (may be hard to find though). It isn't as sweet so same rule as diet coke applies. The grape and orange zevia kept me away from the bad soda's, as did my tea :)
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kay, Checking in and catching up. Sending love and hugs and so proud that you are maintaining!

    ReplyDelete