Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day:) Matth

Matthew and me!
It was a great surprise to get an invitation to lunch with my twins. They even brought me flowers! Taryn would not take a picture with us, no matter how much begging and bugging we did. Matthew wanted to show off his arms! He is working at a Snap fitness franchise and is getting quite buff. He makes me look small!!! They both seem happy, which is all we ever want for our kids, right?
We had a garage sale yesterday and I sold my beautiful Red Reeka, pictured at the bottom of my blog. She went to a 21 year old who was beyond excited. It truly was a beautiful bike and I am glad that it now has a home with someone who will actually use it! We did sell some furniture and I sold all of my old "too big" clothes. It is still a LOT of work for not that much money. I am happy and relieved that it is over!
My weight continues to stay the same even though I have been a VERY  bad girl. I am pleased, don't get me wrong, but I worry that I will get over confidant and instantly gain and then have to start over again! Moderation K, moderation! I am staying away from sugar, but those darn carbs, bad carbs, french bread carbs, call to me endlessly!
Our weather is beautiful and I am excited for a quiet day to sit in the sun and catch up on my reading. Many of you are busy every day and it is a part of your lives, I have not been busy for a very long time and having days in a row of activities, really messes up my slugdom! Being a slug does have its benefits!
My daughter in Alabama spent Mother's day at Chuckee Cheese. She said the place was empty so they were going to do it every year. Funny. I love Chuckee Cheese breadsticks!
Have a wonderful day:)

9 comments:

  1. Kay - sounds like you had a great Mothers Day!

    I agree that garage sales are a lot of work. I guess one way to look at it is that you weren't filling up the landfill and I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted to give your red bike away!

    I am glad to hear you are having good weather. Crummy weather can play a toll on a person's mood. Have a great week.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome son...I'm glad you spent the day with those you love.
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I glad you had a great Mother's Day with your kids. :) You and that bread, Kay. You are addicted. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day to you Kay! Sounds like you had a nice one and what a great picture of you and your son!!

    I agree, garage sales are definently a lot of work. Glad you were able to get rid of your "too big" clothes because I KNOW you'll never need those babies again!! :)

    I know what you mean about feeling over-confident - who knows - maybe your body can handle a few more carbs per day and still maintain - just watch that number on the scale..... it'll let you know if you're going overboard. I think it's great that you're so aware of it and ready to change things if you need to!

    Reading a book in the sun sounds lovely!!! We do seem to keep super busy but I really protect my afternoons from 2-3pm and the kids just know that they have to be quiet so that I can read, nap, or just have some quiet time. Helps me to re-charge and keep my sanity! :)

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lunch with your kids sounds wonderful! You and your son have the same smile! So glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated Mothers Day Kay! How lovely that your kids took you out. You look happy. Oh, I so want to be a slug like you. My schedule lately would make your tired just hearing about it. So I will pretend that I spent my mothers day relaxing and reading, instead of coming off of a weekend of hosting and entertaining at the shore house with 8 women, some of them able to stay up until 4 AM, and then a two hour drive home yesterday in the traffic. Did have a nice dinner with my mom and dad and my husband last night, and all my boys called me and one wrote me a lovely email about how much he loved me. So sweet. Off to my brothers in a few. Sending love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so beautiful and happy in that picture. What a good for you.
    Have a good one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Look how teeny tiny you look next to your boy! You look great and I'm glad your kids were supportive of you on MOther's Day. I hope your day was great! Im jealous of your slugdom, although, I think my life just got a lot easier this weekend since we lost in the baseball playoffs (Is it bad that I'm happy about it?!)
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo of you with your son! We went bowling and I invited a few of my divorced friends with their kids. It was empty too! But a fun thing to do with the kids. You look beautiful and at the perfect weight!

    ReplyDelete