So this morning my weight was 140.8. I had a very "filling" last few days;) I am ready, I will be successful, I can do this....AGAIN:(
I leave for Georgia 3 weeks from today and I want to be back down to 135. That's 5.8 lbs in 3 weeks. It won't be easy, especially because of my Yo-Yo dieting, but I know I will be close!
Today started the 4th week of me being back to Zumba and I feel better already. I need to add some extra workouts in, so I have to be creative.
My goals for today are to eat within the BFC guidelines, to clean out my closet and make up drawer, and to do something else physical. I am also going to try and cut down on my news watching. That may be the hardest thing of all!
Life changes again at our house. My husband resigned from his job effective April 5th. He had several re sets of stores coming up and he knew physically that he simply couldn't do it. He recently hurt his back again and just finished up with physical therapy. When he came home and told me the Dr. thought maybe he should look for a different job, I certainly didn't know it meant now. I have to say it was quite a shock, but he is a smart man and I trust him. I actually look forward to having him around again:) We have enough hotel points saved up for 2 weeks in Hawaii, so that's exciting. That's looking at the bright side:)
I agree with Rosalie's blog today that said that if you do stop in to read and leave a quick comment it is appreciated. I know I am blogging for me too, and because it helps to keep me focused. I do know that I read a lot of different blogs for entertainment value and I don't comment on theirs...so I am guilty of being a blog reader/no commenter:) On another note, does anyone know how to "unfollow" someone?
Wish me luck, it's 11:34 and I have been a good girl so far!
![]() |
| Love this:) |

Hey Kay!
ReplyDeleteI know you will be back to 135 soon. Just stay focused & remember, its a slippery slope so nip it in the bud now before you end up like I did last summer and when I got on the scale I saw that all those little gains turned in to 14#!!! uggh!!! Its finally now off...only took 6 months!! sheesh!Have a great week & a great easter!!! ((sherri))
Hi Kay! I do read your blog posts. I'm a terrible blogger so I haven't kept my blog up. I think I've spent too much time lately writing for my grad degree program that my blog posts end up sounding like I'm writing a paper!! I'm not near as fluent in blog writing as you, Rosalie, Pattie, Beth, Dawn and other bloggers that I follow.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet you are excited to visit your daughter and the grandkids.
I missed if you posted this...did you kitchen counter ever get installed?
Thanks for blogging and sharing.
Funny you should mention that! He SWEARS he will be ready to put the granite in by the end of the month. He had to go on vacation with his wife first. I will believe it when he shows up the first day. I am really glad that my husband will be around so I don't have to be nice to him, I am not feeling very nice after a YEAR!!! We paid him last April. It's hard to believe anything he says after all this time!
DeleteGood memory...since I have whined about it for a year;)
dl.tuttle@yahoo.com
DeleteOops should have said your kitchen.... anyway...I don't think you have complained near as much as I would be complaining!! Maybe it will get done while you are visiting your daughter.
I also want to say that Day 1 is a HUGE success so far! I not only did the chores I was going to, but cleaned out even more. I actually had 3 tall garbage bags full of "stuff" that it was time to say goodbye to. Gosh, I feel lighter already! And dinner is planned and I was good for lunch and breakfast...yeah baby!!!
ReplyDeleteDresser drawers...done
Bathroom drawers....done
Closet....clean and organized
Winter clothes switched out....done
Another blog I sometimes read had a post on how to "unfollow someone" awhile ago, I have found that it doesn't work on every blog due to how things are set up. But, if the blog has a section where you can follow like yours does you sign in, under your name will be a tap for options, click on that and it will give you the option to stop following a blog.
ReplyDeleteI understand your frustration with your yo-yo weight I am there too and trying to finally be good and get it off to be able to confidently wear a tee shirt and jeans with no lumps and bumps.
Well I know you can do that in 3 weeks. Just by eating the BFC way and staying focused you should be able to take off 1/2 lb every day or so.
ReplyDeleteIf you go to your Blogger Dashboard there is a list of all the blogs you follow and you can do it there.
http://www.blogger.com/home
Yeah Kay! I really do know what you mean about your mind having to be in the right place to get serious! I'm glad you are there and just know you will have that weight off in no time. It's good to have the Atlanta trip as a goal - it will keep you super motivated!
ReplyDeleteHi Kay!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so totally going to make that goal - I have no doubt about it. When followed to the "T", the BFC works like a charm.
I am so excited for your trip. Fun for you and fun for them. I still get excited when my parents come to visit (even though they have a house next door to us, I just LOVE it when they are here).
Sorry to hear about your husband's back... and, YES, I think Hawaii is just what the doctor ordered to make it feel better. :) I love having my hubbie home as well. I always say I wish we worked at home together but maybe I'd change my mind if we really did - who knows. :)
Alrighty - lots of good vibes coming your way as you get going on the BFC (and the make-up drawer)! :)
Love ya - you CAN do this - be super strong!
What big changes, seems like you are taking it all very well. It's so great that you are doing Zumba, I have read that aerobic exercise is the best thing that we can do for our brains. Also having fun is really good for our brains too! What I want to know is how to get notified when you get a reply to a comment. For instance I make comments on blogs but never know if they got responded to until I go back and check which I don't always remember to do. Have you figure that out?
ReplyDeleteOh and here's my blog: http://makingthebfcworkforme.blogspot.com/ Looks like we have the same template. :)
ReplyDeleteYou can do it!! I am so proud of you and your zumba. I am sitting here reading blogs instead of cleaning OR working out. ugh. Gotta go. :) Have a great day!!
ReplyDeleteHi Kay, I live in Friday Harbor, tiny town on a tiny island.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the inspiration Kay....I have been struggling for this year at getting anywhere. I haven't even been reading blogs so this is the first one I have read in a while and a good kick start for me too! I am still not ready to post again but I can read and leave comments :-) it's a good first step for me.
ReplyDelete