Monday, April 1, 2013

How'd I do last week?

Well I would love to say that I had lost the required 1.75 lbs that I needed to get to my goal, but I did not:( I actually gained as of this morning. I did go to Zumba 3 days, I did log on myfitnesspal through Friday I think. I did make REALLY good choices, for me at least, and I am a gainer. I can be honest about some reasons why...
I ate 1 1/2 cinnamon rolls yesterday....we had an Easter brunch at my son's after he was baptized:) Happy for him....and my DIL made homemade cinnamon rolls. I NEVER have the opportunity to have home made rolls so I thought, what the heck? The first was so good, that I went for roll 2. I took a 1 1/2 hour nap when I got home, sugar lull!
We picked my grand daughter up on Saturday and she lives about 2 hours from us. We ate way too much and I didn't drink enough water because of potty breaks. The same with Easter Sunday, 2 days in a row with not enough fluids and too many bad foods.
I had too many calories!!! Until Sunday, I never went over my 15 sugars, went a little over on my carbs a few days, but I went way over on calories for my weight:(
I am hoping the scale will be down to the 139.3 that I weighed last Thursday by tomorrow.....I am HOPING:)
Some things I also learned...
The Atkins indulgence bars weren't the total cause of my overeating, I haven't had one in a couple of weeks and I still over ate.
I have sugar under control 98% of the time.
I NEVER get enough fiber.
I ate spinach all week last week and I still didn't feel healthier!
I WANT to lose the 5 lbs, but I don't know if I WANT IT BAD!!! UGH!!! I get frustrated with knowing in my head that "I am not that bad" weight wise, and wanting more, that is harder to maintain. A part of me just wants to buy some bigger pants and call it good. I'm in a mental struggle now. I tried on several size 6 pants on Saturday and they all fit, they just looked bad to me. I am almost 56 years old....UGH!!! The mental battle continues.
I am on my 5th week of being back to Zumba and that makes me happy but I see all of the young gals with beautiful legs and it bums me out to know that will NEVER be me again. I am not only struggling with my desire to lose, but getting older! Believe me, I am not ready to be old!!!  OK, enough of my woes for the day!
Have a great beginning of the week and wish me luck on figuring out who's going to win, little K or bigger K??? 2 weeks from today I will be hoping it is little K.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Kay, I know exactly what you're talking about. I have not lost any more weight since my last post and KNOW I keep my sugars, carbs and calories within the right limits. I start to wonder what I'm willing to do to get off the last twenty pounds! Plus is it the weight or the getting older that is really bothering me?! At least we know we are eating healthy for our bodies, and that's a good thing, right? AND you're exercising, which is awesome on the health front! PS: Fresh cinnamon rolls are the most delicious thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay, we know that from eating this way for so long that happens once in a while. It sounded like it was good anyway. I also know how you feel about getting older thing. I accept that my skin will never look young and tight again. I just cover it up. LOL
    Have a great day my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* I know what you mean about finding out whether your really want it or not, I am there too. I haven't been able to restrict myself (or exercise) sufficiently to get back down to my low weight. I am unsure at this point whether it is worth it - maybe I need to focus on other things now. I bet those cinnamon rolls were good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello "little" Kay :)

    Keep up the mission to figure out what works for you --- don't stop. You will figure it out. You are still a young gal ... I know it gets harder as we age but you can still have those legs. Don't give up on yourself. I know you could settle, but I can hear the desire in your voice to lose those last few pounds so let's make it happen.

    Drink LOTS of water and try to eat more lean protein, and veggies. The lean protein for some reason, has been KEY in my weight loss and the veggies really fill me up. I don't LOVE eating a raw bell pepper or cucumber, but I do it and I know it's good for me. I bake chicken breasts every Sunday and eat the meat during the week in various meals or in a pinch. I feel for you, because I know how you feel and I know you can do it!

    On a side note, cinnamon rolls are my specialty (and pecan pie) and my kids beg me to make them. I can't resist either when they're around. Good job on only eating 1 1/2 - I would have had a hard time stopping at 2.

    Saw the photo of you and your grandaughter - great picture. She looks more grown up then the last picture I remember - what a beauty!! :)

    Have a great day Kay - you can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know about those Cinnamon rolls. I made a recipe for Easter brunch and they tasted exacly like the Cinnabon ones with the cream cheese frosting. So warm and gooey and good. I am starting to feel old and frustrated at my body. Having this knee problem really brought it to my attention that I am not as young and fit as I was and I might never be able to do some of the things that I liked to do physically, at least for awhile. We have to keep going forward. It's all we can do right? So keep "zumbaing" in the right direction!! XO!

    ReplyDelete