I was just responding to Kim's post and I finished my thought with those words. I really believe it! I think the people that have success in any weight loss plan find a way to eat the foods they "love" so they never feel deprived or unhappy. It's a process, you have to break up with some of your loves, but you still get to keep some of your loves too. I have told people that ask me about the plan to tell me their 10 favorite foods and we can see if there is a way to incorporate them into the BFC. If their top 10 are desserts, obviously it is not the plan for them. Mine was bacon, pizza, hamburgers, potatoes, hot dogs, etc. I can eat them all, I just adjusted how I eat the, how often I eat them, etc. Like Dawn and her chocolate and Rosalie and her treats. There is usually a way to make and healthy eating plan fun and not dreadful. I feel good about the future of what I can and can not eat. I can maintain this lifestyle without feeling deprived forever. UNFORTUNATELY, I keep having to relearn my good habits!!!
 |
My loves:) My oldest son Grant on the right, daughter in law left and Cy with me:) He had 2 wins/2 losses and got 4th place. |
I am up to my highest in a long time, 141. UGH!!! I would feel worse if nothing fit and my face was really full again (although that really does help my wrinkles) I think it has to do with Zumba. I am ravenous when I get home, and I let it be a reason that I over eat. I decided that I would concentrate on 1 thing at a time so when I started back 3 short weeks ago, I started eating crazy too. As of yesterday I ate out 5 days in a row!!! 5 days!!! Pizza Hut, Azteca Mexican, 5 Guys Burgers, Taco Time, and finally yesterday Teriyaki rice bowl. I am staying home today! I did however start eating spinach again and cutting back on carbs when I am home. My sugars are always good, but my carbs???? Let's just say I need some work:) Obviously I am not into high quality cuisine:) I am very proud of returning to Zumba and I actually feel like I am back in the groove. I did not die today! It takes about 2 hours for my face to go from bright red to natural, but that's a good thing.
 |
| Konner! I get to see him in about 3 1/2 weeks:) |
I just want everyone to know that I really do cherish our little blogging community! I really feel like I am connected, even when I am bad, I know I have a reason to carry on! Thank you to all of you:)
Blessings and happy scales!!!
Hi Kay! :)
ReplyDeleteI think you are right on the money - you totally do have to "love it to live it"! And you're also right - one shoe does not fit all as far as diets are concerned. I have seen people in magazines that have lost weight in various ways and after seeing their diet I just know that I would never be successul eating the way that they are. The BFC was instrumental in heading me in the right direction as well as many others in my family. It's pretty easy, straight-forward and does allow you to eat your favorite foods in moderation. Even though I have branched out a little, I'm still always aware of the sugar and carbs in my meals (I guess it just never goes away - hu) :) I'm so glad to see you back at Zumba - I have yet to attend a class - it honestly is on my bucket list :-).
You are so right that you have to love what you are eating. That's how I did it this long.
ReplyDeleteEating at home is way better for me I have found out. I eat much healthier at home. Have a good one :-)
You have to love it AND it has to work! Those two things together are tricky! I agree with you that keeping carbs low is much harder than keeping sugars low. Glad you have found an exercise that you like so much, for some reason that is so hard for me. Love the picture of you and your son's family - you have cute grandson's all over the place!
ReplyDeleteThat's why I said you have to "break up" with some of your loves, they just don't fit your life anymore. Life isn't always fair;)
DeleteI love Zumba, I am lazy about going! I have all the CD's so it isn't like I couldn't do it in my home. I am kind of lazy!!!
I agree with Beth- you have to love it and it has to work. :) I am proud of you with the zumba - although it would probably make me hungry too, that's a lot of calories burned! Eating out makes weight loss very difficult, there's too much of everything! Good luck with your detox today, I am sure you will feel better staying at home.
ReplyDeleteSo far so good:)
Delete