Friday, February 22, 2013

Time is flying by.....

Being sick was NOT fun, but it did help me get a grip on my food issues again. I am thankful that I am back on a good and healthy path....or as healthy or good as I have ever been! I have not returned to Zumba, but I will, soon. Not Monday because I have plans, but Wednesday is the goal. I will, I WILL!!! I am really wasting a lot of money on the membership when I think I have been about 4 times in 5 months:( UGH!
Free Atkins kit

Since Dawn had done Atkins, I decided to send for their starter kit for free. It came yesterday and I will share my first observation....The Atkins bar I tried was AMAZING! I'm not sure that it really is amazing, or it tasted that way because I haven't had a candy bar in almost 2 years? But it was impressive. It appears that they are sweetened with Splenda? I believe it was 1 sugar, 6 net carbs, 130 calories and 6 fiber. 6 fiber is more than my daily totals sometimes! And it was free!!! There are coupons that come with the kit too. For me the sweets are my slippery slope so I don't really plan to add them to my daily foods, but it sure was a nice treat.
Feeling better:) 

My weight has stayed at 136.5 for the last week. I gained a bit right after I started eating more than one meal a day. I am happy with where I am because my clothes actually fit again. I think this may be my sweet spot. Time will tell and I am certainly hoping adding more activity will help in the long run. I am eating my favorite things that fit in the BFC lifestyle, so I do not feel like I am missing out on anything. We had a "girls" dinner last Wednesday night and my friends were giving me a hard time about not eating the desserts. I asked if there was only one thing that they had to "give up" to maintain their weight, wouldn't it be worth it to them? It's been almost 2 years for gosh sakes!

Hubby and I went to see the new Die Hard movie today and then to Dickie's BBQ. It was fun, but the movie was a bit unbelievable. Tomorrow my grandson will be in a wrestling tournament at my old High School. Memories:) He is 5, so it should be adorable.

Have a wonderful weekend:)
Blessings and happy scales...............All comments welcome!

6 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling all better. Sweets are my thing too that's why I always make sure to have some made in the fridge. Can you believe how many cars they wrecked in that movie?? Have fun at the wrestling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, and glad to see you are feeling better I sent away for that kit too. Nice little pack that they put together! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. activity helps me a LOT. I think that I stayed at the same weight so far this week because I didn't exercise as much. Exercise is sooo good. Still thinking about ordering that kit.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received that kit recently, too. I haven't busted into the bars... yet. But that's mostly due to the fact that I've got my homemade lc goodies and a couple erythritol sweetened commercial bars in the fridge crisper for an emergency. Though I have tried a couple of Atkins bars in the past and recall liking them. Just not as much as the before mentioned ones that I buy for $1 each at the pharmacy.
    BTW - You look smokin' HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Atkins Peanut Carmel Cluster Bars (they are like a PayDay candy bar but not as sweet) and the Coconut Almond Delight Bars (it's like an Almond Joy but again not as sweet). Just have to watch the effect of sugar alcohols on the tummy. These are a great 'treat' once in a while.

    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello beautiful Kay!!! How are you my friend?! From you photo, you look marvelous!! I have missed you and all of our other blogger buddies and need to commit to blogging more often. I love the pic of your daughter & the babies and all of your angels. Those are my favorites but for some reason, I dont have a collection started yet. Only a couple of them. Anyways, please stay in touch and I will too. ((sherri))

    ReplyDelete