I got the flu last Thursday morning and I have lost 5 days of life:( I missed the last 2 days that my grandsons were here, I missed dinner at my sister's, I missed Chuckee Cheese, where everyone is happy. I missed the weekend with my husband:( I finally got out of bed yesterday and I have been up all day today. When my hubby got home late Thursday I had diet 7up and soda crackers. Friday I advanced to more soda crackers and a little chicken noodle soup(advice to hubby by pharmacist). Saturday my husband got me 2 plain hamburgers and I ate them 3 hours apart, and Sunday I could only manage to get 1 down. That's it folks...instant weight loss:( Today I have had a 1/2 banana and 2 plain hamburgers....actually I put Johnny's seasoning salt on them. Since I am out of burgers, I don't know what or if I will eat any dinner. I would rather have lost weight the traditional way, believe me. Thank God my husband understands my weirdness and will go get me a plain hamburger when it makes no sense at all.
My daughter and grandsons got back to Alabama smoothly, which is good because she will be willing to come again sooner. I can't stress enough how JOYFUL grandchildren are. They are each so unique and amazing! When I finally ventured downstairs on Sunday, I was quite happily surprised by how "picked up" everything was, it usually looks like a tornado went through. This is bragging a bit, but Kayce is an incredible Mom. I am amazed by how easily she handles the boys and life's challenges. Flying across the country with a 3 month old and a 3 year old? No thanks:) And it only took her 25 years to learn how to pick up after herself at our house! She's pretty cool! I will miss her and her friend watching The Bachelor with me tonight:(
I miss them all a LOT:(
I hope everyone is doing well and making it through this dull winter. Thank God we didn't get the snow the East Coast got! Woot!!! I even have a clean car in the garage waiting for me to take it for a spin:)
 |
They take after me in crazy:)
|
Blessings and happy scales!
That's too bad you missed the last couple days with them but it sounds like the visit was nice. Feel better and stay warm. :-)
ReplyDeleteSorry you got the flu bug Kay. Glad you are feeling better. Weight loss is always a positive thing anyway you can get it!! LOL!
ReplyDeleteHi Kay! LOVE the picture of your grandkids - so cute!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear you got the flu. We had a run with it here but I'm a whimp and kept saying, "I think I'm going to die" - not fun at all!! Glad to hear you're feeling better.
I can only imagine how wonderful grandkids are and how rewarding it is to see your children grow up and raise children of their own.... to become responsible and be good parents.... makes all those wishes and dreams we have when they're little come to fruition.
That's a bummer you missed out on the last few days of fun with them but I'm sure they'll be back soon - who wouldn't want to hang out with you - you sound like a fabulous mother and grandma! Have a great day Kay. Thanks for sharing.
So sad that you got the flu, Kay! Glad you are feeling better. Isn't it funny what we feel like eating when we're sick?!?
ReplyDeletePhooey on the flu. Hopefully you are on the mend.
ReplyDeleteCute pic of the grandkids. I tell people being a grandparent is the best job in the world!
Kay, I hope you are feeling much better! The flu is not a fun way to lose weight! Your daughter is VERY brave to travel across country alone with a 3 month old and a 3 year old. I'll bet you are very glad she is that brave though, so you can see them so often.
ReplyDelete