| I wish there was a pool where these trees are! |
I did go to Zumba today. It was great! I love to shake my booty, but Lord help me if I ever really see what I look like:)
Our car is out at the dealer yet again. Seriously! We have had over 1000 in repair bills since we paid it off. It is a 2008 with only 16,500 miles on it. How in the heck does that happen??? We are driving a brand new SUV model of our car and it is kind of fun to sit up higher, but I want my car back.
It is my grandson Cy's 5th birthday today. His party is on Saturday and it should be fun. I ordered him Thor's hammer and helmet from Amazon. 2 day free shipping with Amazon Prime membership. I love my Prime!!!
On the BFC front, as I said I am probably eating too much fruit. I enjoyed the pretzels in my fruit so I crushed some up, added some butter and stevia and baked it in muffin tins for 7 minutes. It was soooooo good! I know pretzels aren't wonderful, but a little goes a long way.
Tonight in honor of Rosalie we had hot wings and spinach salad! One day at a time K, one day at a time!
Trina, my youngest kids were 12 and 14 when my husband and I married. He has been their step dad for 1/2 of their life. Don't feel guilty, just feel blessed if he is a good man. It really wouldn't be such a big deal for me if it wasn't for the incredible life my husband has provided for us.
I need a kick in the butt, feel free to give me one!!!
Hi Kay,
ReplyDeleteI can really relate to this post and I'll tell you something... fruit is tricky for me. If I eat it alone or with some nuts or protien, I am fine. If I eat it around other carbs or processed foods, I am not. I know the sugar/carb values don't change regardless of how I eat it but my body must handle it differently. Not sure why. Not sure when you're eating it but thought I'd just throw that out. I also never eat it when I'm really hungry because I can tend to over-eat it.
Have you went back and re-read the foods that you were eating when you started.. I read every one of your posts when I found your blog (and still re-read the beginning ones quite often) and it was one of the number one reasons that I was able to commit and have been able to stay committed. I loved that you were living (what I call) a normal life, eating good food, and losing weight. I know you're posting on My Fitness Pal, but do you think it helped that you were sharing on your blog what you were eating daily?? (I know it's time consuming but I was just wondering).
Look back over your diet and see if there is anything that is high in sodium or processed. Those are the foods that get me and keep me from losing. Also, in addition to keeping my sugars and carbs in check, I have a few secrets... when I cook with the coconut oil, eat fish atleast once a week, drink my cup of green tea, and get a good nights sleep I always, without fail, see a weight loss.. I also take a suppliment called "CLA with Tonalin". Once I had taken it for about 4-6 weeks I noticed that my appetite was not as strong and I was eating less food. I know we can do this with diet alone but just wanted to throw that out there as well since it's helped ALOT with my appetite.
The other thing is that you are hovering around your goal weight so I think it gets harder to lose when we are that close. I do applaud you, however, for noticing it, caring about it, and wanted to make a change. For what it's worth - I think you look beautiful and happy!! Have a great day, hang in there, and thanks for sharing {Hugs}!
Happy Birthday to your grandson! Kim gave you some great advice, especially watching out for processed foods.
ReplyDeleteHave fun in the sun and Happy Birthday Cy. My hubby keeps telling me that one guy at the FD he works with is a health nut and says the you are supposed to eat fruit by itself and not with other stuff and then eat your food 1 hour later because if you eat them together it cancels out any nutrition the fruit has.
ReplyDeleteI keep telling him to shut up and I don't care - but there it is. It's probably true.
Have a great day :-)
Have a happy grandson birthday!!
ReplyDeleteI need my sun. I hope I don't regret it later (probably will) but when the sun comes out here I need to sit in it for a while. It just makes me happier. :)
Ok, here's your kick in the butt: Come on Kay! Don't lose it!! I did, and where did it get me? Back to the 140's! Get in control, girl! You want this! You NEED this! Ok, butt kicking over. Now it's my turn... ;)
Kay -Happy birthday to your grandson. I keep saying that being a grandparent is the best job ever! Glad you finally got some good weather to be able to enjoy the sun. It's been hot here in Central IL (90+ and humidity).
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!