Wednesday, June 13, 2012

136 Today:)

I am now just 1 lb over my goal and I can tell a difference in my tummy. Yay!!! I basically just cut out all the extra "crap" I was eating and I went back down. I have still eaten quite a bit of fruit, but that's another story.
I had such a fun day today. Zumba this morning, I am back on track!!! And tonight my girl friends all went and did laser tag. At first I thought what a waste of money for 15 minutes, but 15 minutes was plenty. I was sweating like crazy. It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again. I was 4th out of 6, so I obviously could use some practice!
We then went to MacKenzie River Pizza co. for dinner. I had a 1/2 lb burger and waffle fries. I only ate 1/4 of the bun and about 5 fries with Ranch. It felt good. 4 of the 6 of us are doing WW. They ordered 3 desserts for 5 people! I had no desire to taste or eat any of them. I knew I could come home and have my chocolate no bake. So they all had salads and dessert and they are paying 45.00 a month for WW??? Call me crazy! Call me judgmental, I don't mean to be, but really???
I did it!!!
We have been having tons of thunder and lightening, so I was determined to capture  lightening with my slow shutter camera! I took about 150 pictures to get this one, that actually looks cool. I was persistent and it paid off!
Grant Noah:)
Funny story, yesterday was my son's 33rd B.D. I called him and he was at a fast food place with his 2 children. My granddaughter asked if I wanted to sing to my son, so I said sure and she handed him back the phone. I went into my rendition of Marilyn Monroe singing to President Kennedy and he started laughing. He had put me on speaker phone and let the restaurant here me sing! Does that make me famous? He said I sure "turned heads"!
My son was a big baseball star in H.S. He started early. I believe he had just turned a year  old in this picture. that is my little sister in the background. The one that is now in a nursing home:( See her crutches next to her?
Blessings and happy scales....

15 comments:

  1. I love your posts - Every word is so interesting! **Yeah for Zumba and for seeing the scale move in the right direction - I just knew it would :)
    **We love laser tag!!! And yes- 15 minutes is plenty :)
    **I don't think you're being judgmental - you're just aware now of how much sugar is in food and how it won't do much good to eat a salad to lose weight if it's followed with 20-30 grams (or more) of a sugary dessert!!! We know the BFC works and wish people could realize how eliminating so much sugar from their diets could help them in their weight loss efforts. I know people who are doing ALL types of diets and don't care to try the BFC but that's ok - to each his own. In fact, I have a cousin who is on a lemonade diet - how do you maintain that one for life??
    **Great photo - I love pictures of lightning. My husband has been able to catch a few photos over the years, but not me! Great job!
    **Cute picture of your son. I just noticed on the side bar that his son's middle name is also Noah - how sweet.
    **Have a great day Kay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) That makes me feel happy!!! Noah is a family name, I think through about 5 generations! My younger son has my maiden name as his middle name and I am happy to say that he has every intention of passing that down too! Someday!!!

      Delete
  2. Great job on getting right above goal weight again! There must be something to that Zumba! LOVE your lighting picture - it looks so cool! Definitely worth the 150 pictures. I've never tried laser tag but my boys say it's lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have your boys take you! It is a really good work out:)

      Delete
  3. I knew you would go right back down. :) Cool picture of the lightening. Hahaha...your son had you on speaker phone??? Too funny. What a cute picture of him. What did your sister need the walking sticks for? I don't remember. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristi was born with spina bifida, she's 48, that picture she would have been about 16!

      Delete
  4. Hey Kay, yeah for you! That's what is so "empowering" about the knowledge Jorge gave you. You know better so you do better - at least that's how I feel. LOVE the lightening shot - I am going to get some training on my new camera since I know it's capable of more than I'm going. My oldest son just started baseball this year (age 9) and loves it. I see much more in our future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some amazing tutorials on Pinterest for how to use the camera. Mine has a way to go to my control of things, but I have no idea how either! It would have been nice if the pictures would have just clicked! I thought about going to video and then just capturing one of the pics!

      Delete
  5. Congrats to you! WW folks are obsessed with having traditional desserts it seems to me. But Im with you, Id rather have some dark chocolate at home later. Happy Bday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!!! Salads for dinner, talk about points for 30 minutes, and then eat big desserts???

      Delete
  6. So now you are skinny and Famous.. That is too funny. Did you know that you were on the speaker?? Happy birthday to him.
    LOVE the pictures. You are doing so great! And I'm with you about the $45 all we did was just buy the book.
    Have a GREAT day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had NO idea I was on speaker phone. There is not one single thing "melodic" about my singing voice!

      Delete
  7. You're amazing-congrats on your happy scales.
    I did WW off and on for years. I learned a lot. There can be (not always, though) a sense of community for their members, which many of us enjoy for no $$. Whatever works, and we respect anyone who's trying to get healthy!
    Best Wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun Kay. I remember doing laser tag with my kids when they were little. Maybe I should take it back up again. Love and hugs from me to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I did do WW, I did love the community aspect of it. I lost more weight with weight watchers than with the BFC, too, but once I got tired of counting points, and then got pregnant, I threw it all out the window. Of course, I was a higher weight when I started WW than when I started BFC, so it probably can't really be compared. Both plans you can have everything you want, just in different portions, so whatever works, I say. :) I like our free community. LOL

    I love your starry background - it makes me feel all patriotic! XOXO

    ReplyDelete